Relegation beckons….

Phil1965

I think he had reached the end of the road. But I thank him for developing our 2019-20 promotion team with players who had grown up together, but it was always going to break up. You can’t lose players like Pickering, Kirk, Ng, Wintle, Dale and expect to prosper in League 1.

Will be interesting to see if they appoint from within or look to bring someone in from outside, we shall see. I think we may be passing each other. Over 8,000 on Saturday, good crowd for League 2. Stoke have been a bit crap this season!!!

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Phil1965 said:

I think he had reached the end of the road. But I thank him for developing our 2019-20 promotion team with players who had grown up together, but it was always going to break up. You can’t lose players like Pickering, Kirk, Ng, Wintle, Dale and expect to prosper in League 1.

Will be interesting to see if they appoint from within or look to bring someone in from outside, we shall see. I think we may be passing each other. Over 8,000 on Saturday, good crowd for League 2. Stoke have been a bit crap this season!!!

Agree with your comments, too many good players sold in one season. Impossible trick to sell like you have and still stay in a higher division.  Appreciate the Crewe model is grow your own  and sell  but surely sell one, maybe 2 at most.  As regards the replacement signings its  about the wages you pay, more pay usually gets you better players. Crewe arent high wage payers.

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Agree with your comments, too many good players sold in one season. Impossible trick to sell like you have and still stay in a higher division.  Appreciate the Crewe model is grow your own  and sell  but surely sell one, maybe 2 at most.  As regards the replacement signings its  about the wages you pay, more pay usually gets you better players. Crewe arent high wage payers.

Yes I agree . 

Advert:

We won today! And so did Vale, scrappy 1-0 away wins are crucial when chasing promotion. I don’t think you will blow it now. And goodbye Scunthorpe after 72 years as a league club……

5 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

We won today! And so did Vale, scrappy 1-0 away wins are crucial when chasing promotion. I don’t think you will blow it now. And goodbye Scunthorpe after 72 years as a league club……

Morris spoke more intelligently after the game than Artell has done all season. 

45 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Morris spoke more intelligently after the game than Artell has done all season. 

He managed to crowbar in references to "the Crewe way" - is this some Jedi-type mind-trick that is forced on everyone up there?!

18 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

He managed to crowbar in references to "the Crewe way" - is this some Jedi-type mind-trick that is forced on everyone up there?!

Not as bad as some of the things that have been forced on some unfortunates at Crewe!

Advert:

49 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I did notice that.....

6 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I did notice that.....

The Crewe way this season has been to lose 29 out of 43. In simple terms they lose 2 out of every 3 games.

It'll be very very difficult to get that losing mentality out of their system. 

• Like 1