Relegation beckons….

Phil1965

In all seriousness, I’ve seen a couple of videos of Artell today and he looks ill. He can’t maintain eye contact with his interviewer. He’s been in that job a very long time and looks like he needs a holiday at the very least, and probably even an extended break from the game. He will be too proud to walk away from the job so someone in his personal or professional life will probably need to stage an intervention.

• Like 1

Advert:

Thank god we are relegated! Hopefully they can go out in the last four games and try and restore some pride. Next season will be tough, maybe the National League awaits……..

Advert:

46 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

Thank god we are relegated! Hopefully they can go out in the last four games and try and restore some pride. Next season will be tough, maybe the National League awaits……..

You have a pivotal summer ahead of you... Next seasons league 2 line up is going to be stronger than this seasons, you have a big rebuilding job ahead of you. Bolton and Swindon are proof that you can build a decent squad in very little time but to do that would break your model. 

1 hour ago, Phil1965 said:

The guy on Quest ( Oxford fan ) suggested Crewe are on for a double relegation .

I think unless Crewe radically change the way they do things they’ll be more likely struggle like say Rochdale this season than bounce back first time of asking. I just don’t know how sustainable it is for them any more to solely rely on that academy and not have a proper recruitment structure in place. There’s only a limit to what they’ll achieve and looking at Artells demeanour he just seems to have been broken by it, I’m not sure he can be the one to manage them next season.

• Like 2

I think Artell  has lost the plot. Recruitment this season has been awful. I went to MK Dons on Tuesday and some of them were just going through the motions. Some of the loan signings have been awful. I really think we could suffer a double relegation.

On 10/04/2022 at 09:42, Phil1965 said:

On 09/04/2022 at 23:10, Santa said:

In all seriousness, I’ve seen a couple of videos of Artell today and he looks ill. He can’t maintain eye contact with his interviewer. He’s been in that job a very long time and looks like he needs a holiday at the very least, and probably even an extended break from the game. He will be too proud to walk away from the job so someone in his personal or professional life will probably need to stage an intervention.

top tip-sack him now and clean start.🤨

• Like 1

Advert:

26 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Very odd from them imo. Surely you either sack him to try and stay up, or if you stay with him then keep him for next season. Totally bizarre to let him take you down and then sack him.

Perhaps they were hoping he was going to jump ship so they wouldn’t have to pay any compo.

• Like 2

Advert: