Relegation beckons….

Phil1965

Advert:

Posted (edited)

I went to Sunderland v Crewe the other Saturday.

Crewe were the better side for 70 mins, and Chris Long missed 3 really presentable chances to put them in front. They were well organised, played some cute stuff (as you'd expect) and had a couple of Smith-type no-nonsense CBs (one of whom is just 18!). They bullied Defoe and Stewart out of the game and were only undone by an impressive Patrick Roberts cameo off the bench.

They'll go down but be fine next season once they come out of the slump and remember how to score/win a few games, especially if they find a half decent striker. 

Edited by jjvale_03

On 11/03/2022 at 13:46, blackdog said:

Artell has reverted to his " Ignorant " quote, claiming that Crewe are heading in the right direction he is sure people will scoff at that, but thats mainly down to ignorance.....

Crewe's record over the last 10 games is played 10 lost 9 !!!!

He's right though,  they are heading in the right direction 

• Haha 1

Advert:

• 2 weeks later...

A local game for me tonight, MK Dons away, probably a heavy defeat, but it’s only a half hour drive for me and my son who was 16 yesterday! It’s all part of the fun!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

A local game for me tonight, MK Dons away, probably a heavy defeat, but it’s only a half hour drive for me and my son who was 16 yesterday! It’s all part of the fun!

Say hello to the other 45 crewe fans at the game 

• Like 1

It’s difficult to know what the future brings. Obviously our promotion team was going to break up, you can’t stop players furthering their careers. We have lost Pickering, Ng, Wintle, Kirk, Dale, Jones. It was always going to be difficult to replace them. But this season has been awful, too many loan players who don’t seem bothered. I would hope we would have 200 fans there tonight, but many seem to be fed up with constant losses! I’d rather we started to develop a new team with the youngsters coming through, with one or two prudent signings and the occasional loan signing. But then I don’t support Crewe expecting things to be great every season.

If Crewe lose tonight they will be 12 points adrift with only 15 left to play for.

Change was inevitable, players were always going to go. I’m not convinced Crewe managed it in the best way possible. Then again, they probably knew they were down at Christmas and haven’t gone mad in January spending money they didn’t have.  

Advert:

A 2-1 defeat pretty much confirms our relegation. We actually played quite well in the final 15 minutes, and caused them a few problems. I would put our support at maybe 150? I was home by 10.30pm, although my son says he still enjoys going so that’s good news! A good win for Vale, looking good for a top 3 finish!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Relegation confirmed today after 15 losses in 16 games, wow 

Pity that, would have guaranteed us 6 points next season.

How on earth has Artell still got a job ?

Incredible. 

The Crewe production line I'm sure will unearth another couple of gems but to me it's karma 

Not convinced they'd of gone up in the covid season given the run in 

• Like 2

Advert:

I had to chuckle when Artell said on the radio that it was to his credit that he has managed to protect his players and deflect any criticism away from them.

It was in answer to a question about Artell Out chants coming from the away end. 

1 hour ago, Santa said:

I had to chuckle when Artell said on the radio that it was to his credit that he has managed to protect his players and deflect any criticism away from them.

It was in answer to a question about Artell Out chants coming from the away end. 

Such an "educated man"....T.A.P.S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

Artell says he will remain at the club until someone tells him otherwise….. well I’m telling you to sod off you are not wanted.

I'm the opposite.  He is actually very much wanted. He'll take Crewe to the National league.  What's not to like 

#uneducated 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2