Relegation beckons….

Phil1965

Advert:

It looks to late for Crewe who are holed below the waterline, though not yet tilted stern up. Pity because I think Crewe try to play football 'the right way' and they are local rivals. Ideally, I would wish PV could play them in League 1 next year. 

However, more disturbing is the bottom of League 2. Each year it seems we lose another famous old club and often Midland / Northern rivals. I hope at least Stockport or Chesterfield can come back this year. Maybe both.

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Rather Halifax who don't appear to have chucked money at it.

I could certainly live with Halifax. Also Grimsby, Wrexham, Notts County. It looks like They're too far adrift this year maybe. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Warren said:

It looks to late for Crewe who are holed below the waterline, though not yet tilted stern up. Pity because I think Crewe try to play football 'the right way' and they are local rivals. Ideally, I would wish PV could play them in League 1 next year. 

However, more disturbing is the bottom of League 2. Each year it seems we lose another famous old club and often Midland / Northern rivals. I hope at least Stockport or Chesterfield can come back this year. Maybe both.

If you think "the right way" is to be unable to defend a corner then that is how they are playing.  I`ve seen too much play acting to win free kicks and corners and get people sent off to have much enthusiasm for how they play.

• Like 1

Advert:

35 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

Time to start planning for League 2, hopefully we can start playing the youngsters who will develop over the next few years. Too many average loan players this season.

They reckon it costs £1m to run the academy how will Crewe afford that on gates of 3k in Div2 ?

There are also rumours that some of the better youngsters don't want to sign contracts with Crewe and there is some unrest in the camp.

I've heard that the current crop of 16-18 year olds at Crewe is viewed as the most talented ever. No idea if it's true. They probably say it every 5 years.

Of course, it's all futile, as the cycle will begin again in 2 years of play young players, see them improve, promotion, sell them all, reinvest in the academy, relegation, go again.

It's so Sisyphean it's comical.

At some point is there an attempt to break the cycle and to invest in the first-team squad/giving existing talent the type of contract that will encourage them to stay? Or is the futility of the entire affair offset by some moral high-horsery?

Edited by Joe B

20 minutes ago, Joe B said:

At some point is there an attempt to break the cycle and to invest in the first-team squad/giving existing talent the type of contract that will encourage them to stay? Or is the futility of the entire affair offset by some moral high-horsery?

It's the latter..............

On 18/02/2022 at 16:22, Warren said:

I could certainly live with Halifax. Also Grimsby, Wrexham, Notts County. It looks like They're too far adrift this year maybe. 

Please not Grimsby with all the trouble their fans cause and how much it costs to steward or even police iit

Advert:

On 24/02/2022 at 16:21, Raveninblack said:

Please not Grimsby with all the trouble their fans cause and how much it costs to steward or even police iit

I'm going to be controversial. The wok police will come for me and I risk being cancelled. And I know it's wrong because I am going to chunk a whole population(s) but here goes. I have worked in Grimsby / Cleethorpes and spent some time there. There is a time warp. It has factors of isolation - towns in an otherwise rural NE Lincolnshire environment. They are chilled, do stuff in their own time and own way and - to the point - a bit of fighting with the opposition fans is OK. 

On 26/02/2022 at 09:52, Warren said:

I'm going to be controversial. The wok police will come for me and I risk being cancelled. And I know it's wrong because I am going to chunk a whole population(s) but here goes. I have worked in Grimsby / Cleethorpes and spent some time there. There is a time warp. It has factors of isolation - towns in an otherwise rural NE Lincolnshire environment. They are chilled, do stuff in their own time and own way and - to the point - a bit of fighting with the opposition fans is OK. 

Its the Viking blood and fish fingers.

On 26/02/2022 at 09:52, Warren said:

Ken Hom will be after you for saying that Warren 

• Haha 1

Advert:

Artell has reverted to his " Ignorant " quote, claiming that Crewe are heading in the right direction he is sure people will scoff at that, but thats mainly down to ignorance.....

Crewe's record over the last 10 games is played 10 lost 9 !!!!

27 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Artell has reverted to his " Ignorant " quote, claiming that Crewe are heading in the right direction he is sure people will scoff at that, but thats mainly down to ignorance.....

Crewe's record over the last 10 games is played 10 lost 9 !!!!

Better than losing 10 !!!!