Relegation beckons….

Phil1965

6 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

should change the title of the thread to' nailed on relegation beckons'. Cant be much fun for the supporters knowing Artell is going to stay in charge no matter what happens and a board that seems to be going 'well yeah we are going down but doesnt matter that much' like Bycars Rob says be careful many a club gets back to back relegations

If they do they’ll still be a small club by national league standards 

On 17/10/2021 at 19:59, Valiant62 said:

Nothing against you as an individual, mate, but your club should no longer exist. It’s success has been built on abuse and has shown no contrition. 

Thats a little strong, does that mean Micheal Jackson fans should destroy all there albums and delete downloads or Jim will fix it contestants throw their medals away or F1 lewis Hamilton fans should stop supporting Mercedes because of the slavery connections?

You can't tar the whole club and fans with one aspect of its history even if its as bad as it was. 

It's how the clubs, companies respond and move forward is what counts we can't live in the past but learn from it. 

I responded earlier acknowleging it’s  difficult. The club’s response to finding out was weak in the extreme and as an establishment seems to regard itslef as victim rather than facilitator. If the was Vale, yes, if the response was equally inadequate I’d stop going and it would leave a massive hole in my life. I’m not particularly critical of fans who would carry on so long as they didn’t get into the victim mode. Anyway, these are my last words as I also don’t want to hijack a thread that many would deem this peripheral to.

Edited by Valiant62

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

A good 2-1 win at Morecambe, and up to 22nd. Burton away tomorrow might be tougher….. but you never know!

Funnily enough I've just looked at the Alexmad forum and it's gone into meltdown after the Morecambe win, 5 posters discussing the game ! 

Well, that was a waste of an afternoon! Took nearly 800 fans to Burton but our defence was awful. Unfortunately some of our fans think it is funny to throw flares…..we certainly have some brain dead followers……

6 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

Well, that was a waste of an afternoon! Took nearly 800 fans to Burton but our defence was awful. Unfortunately some of our fans think it is funny to throw flares…..we certainly have some brain dead followers……

Haven`t the club tried to stop it?  Videos of your fans?

On 21/12/2021 at 13:18, FriedRice said:

should change the title of the thread to' nailed on relegation beckons'. Cant be much fun for the supporters knowing Artell is going to stay in charge no matter what happens and a board that seems to be going 'well yeah we are going down but doesnt matter that much' like Bycars Rob says be careful many a club gets back to back relegations

Difficult one for Artell or any Crewe manager in that the basis on which the club is built  is sell your best home grown players. Unfortunately for them this season they sold 3 or 4, sorry dont keep track that closely. A tough gig when you are still relative newcomers to League 1 and like most clubs needed to keep your best players to at least stay there. The conveyor belt that churns out the next crop also seems to have a blockage as the new replacement crop havent reached the end of the line League 1 ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, we won the CAFC derby 2-1! For some strange reason Charlton refuse to play Charlie Kirk, looks like a bad move for him.

Shrewsbury at home on Saturday, should be a decent crowd of maybe 5,000.

It’s the hope that maybe we can turn things around, the following Saturday I have a game at Cambridge which is only a 45 minute drive from my home!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Cambridge with my son, not a great game and lost 1-0. One of the 320 Crewe fans at the game, which is a 304 mile round trip for people living in Crewe!

There was a bloke sat behind me who spent the whole of the second half fast asleep! Maybe too many pre match beers.

• 2 weeks later...

1/16 now Crewe to be relegated. Crewe will have to improve if they are to avoid a relegation scrap in this division, the bottom of league 1 is very poor. Their main striker is Porter who is about Popey`s pace and 38 years old.