onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Relegation beckons….

Phil1965

Advert

We are making an unfortunate habit of splendid own goals.. Garrity socred a cracker in the top corner earlier this season too... To be fair Martin was only doing what a decent defender should do in injury time, just get in the way of it. Unfortunately his positioning meant he could only rifle it into the back of the net!

As for you, it looks like a classic 6 pointer against another relegation threatened team. You have another one coming up next. Who knows perhaps there is life in the old dog yet!

Still think you will miss out on a ground filling derby next season even though we had a blip at the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a lovely Christmas present from my boss, a mug from the Moorland Pottery on Moorland Road, Burslem, with the inscription ‘Cheshire Boy’ on it! It’s a lovely item, I’m delighted!

Picking up my son tomorrow from Newcastle under Lyme, then visiting my sister for lunch in Congleton, then home to Bedford, for a family night out to celebrate his 20th birthday!

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

4 hours ago, Phil1965 said:

Just had a lovely Christmas present from my boss, a mug from the Moorland Pottery on Moorland Road, Burslem, with the inscription ‘Cheshire Boy’ on it! It’s a lovely item, I’m delighted!

Picking up my son tomorrow from Newcastle under Lyme, then visiting my sister for lunch in Congleton, then home to Bedford, for a family night out to celebrate his 20th birthday!

Happy Christmas to you too... Hope for better next year, although I think there is more chance of raising the Titanic than riasing Crewe out of the relegstion zone.

15 hours ago, Phil1965 said:

If you’re this happy when they’re going down you must have been ecstatic when they last went up.

6 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

should change the title of the thread to' nailed on relegation beckons'. Cant be much fun for the supporters knowing Artell is going to stay in charge no matter what happens and a board that seems to be going 'well yeah we are going down but doesnt matter that much' like Bycars Rob says be careful many a club gets back to back relegations

If they do they’ll still be a small club by national league standards 

On 17/10/2021 at 19:59, Valiant62 said:

Nothing against you as an individual, mate, but your club should no longer exist. It’s success has been built on abuse and has shown no contrition. 

Thats a little strong, does that mean Micheal Jackson fans should destroy all there albums and delete downloads or Jim will fix it contestants throw their medals away or F1 lewis Hamilton fans should stop supporting Mercedes because of the slavery connections?

You can't tar the whole club and fans with one aspect of its history even if its as bad as it was. 

It's how the clubs, companies respond and move forward is what counts we can't live in the past but learn from it. 

I responded earlier acknowleging it’s  difficult. The club’s response to finding out was weak in the extreme and as an establishment seems to regard itslef as victim rather than facilitator. If the was Vale, yes, if the response was equally inadequate I’d stop going and it would leave a massive hole in my life. I’m not particularly critical of fans who would carry on so long as they didn’t get into the victim mode. Anyway, these are my last words as I also don’t want to hijack a thread that many would deem this peripheral to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived