onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup first round Accrington Home Tickets

darren1810

50 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

A good chance for us to progress, especially if we can adopt that never give up attitude, unlike the other side that we’re capable of, just capitulating. 🤞we can get through the first two rounds then a big team away in the third round. The transfer window will be open and C&K could probably bring in another player if that’s what we need to secure promotion challenge. The player would need to be at least an established L1 player, or perhaps above. This would surely start giving us a vision for the future. I’m also a fan of if it ain’t broken don’t try to fix it and wait until the summer. 
if it does play out as I’ve described above can we have better control over sales of tickets and vouchers to be issued for the two home games leading up to the third round, not like the MCFC debacle.

Blimey, talk about jumping the gun. Let’s get past Accrington first and not worry too much about the theoretical vouchers for a theoretical Third Round away tie at a Premier League club hey??!!!

Advert

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Could of been far worse 

Yeah. The longer it went on the more I dreaded the inevitability of something really dire like franchise/Gillingham/Ipswich/Bolton/Sunderland/Charlton away.

Given we were both undrawn until very late on, shame we didn't come out against number 14....

5 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Blimey, talk about jumping the gun. Let’s get past Accrington first and not worry too much about the theoretical vouchers for a theoretical Third Round away tie at a Premier League club hey??!!!

I would be surprised if ticket purchasing is not recorded electronically. 

Possibly one of the most important games of the season. Win well and it also indicates if we are a league 1 team in waiting. It also gives us a step towards a big R3 payday. 

Lose and it will be another year without a decent cup run, the gap to league 1 looks as big as ever and we don’t get a bit of cash to keep our top guys in future.

Personally I think we will win. 

These are the games to put us on the map again ,Accrington Stanley are a super club who are in a league above deservedly .
I will be there it's important financially to have a run in this competition.
Evert home game lately we are delivering different types of goals ,it's a great time be a Vale fan lets get to round 2
UTV

22 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Biddulph, fail to plan then you plan to fail. 👍keep the faith. I’ve already booked a hotel room in London for when we’re in the final. 

On 17/10/2021 at 18:38, Doha said:

Yeah. The longer it went on the more I dreaded the inevitability of something really dire like franchise/Gillingham/Ipswich/Bolton/Sunderland/Charlton away.

Given we were both undrawn until very late on, shame we didn't come out against number 14....

HAS their mild mannered manager left the dressing room as yet??....😳😂

On 18/10/2021 at 08:58, TJHValiant said:

Possibly one of the most important games of the season. Win well and it also indicates if we are a league 1 team in waiting. It also gives us a step towards a big R3 payday. 

Lose and it will be another year without a decent cup run, the gap to league 1 looks as big as ever and we don’t get a bit of cash to keep our top guys in future.

Personally I think we will win. 

Not sure about that.. not much correlation in my opinion between winning  well in a 1-off cup game against a mid table league 1 team who may well rest a few and being a league 1 team in waiting.

If we lose but remain third  in the league how can the gap between us and league 1 be bigger than ever ?

For me its a shot to nothing, a win is great but if we lose it means 100% focus on getting out of this league which to me is more crucial for our long term growth (attracting and keeping better players etc.).

I think this will be a difficult game, league 1 is a step up no matter how we as supporters like to perceive our own team : if both teams play well Stanley  will win. However if they don't then we are good enough to put them out. Here's hoping.

On 17/10/2021 at 18:38, Doha said:

Well we beat franchise FC away in the cup last time, so wouldn’t have minded that as the tickets were cheap too…

17 minutes ago, windsorvale4ever said:

Hopefully reduced prices around £10-12 and a good attendance

Team is going well, club is on the up, I really see no need to reduce prices to that level  at the moment. Even if the reduction attracts a few extra people we ll lose money over a more "standard" price...... 4000 @ £10 is less income than 3000 @ £20....

For me I would like the club sold in a more positive light than having to reduce entrance costs for 1st round FA cup game against opposition from a league higher to non league club levels.... Cambridge City v Kidsgrove in the Buildbase FA Trophy is £10 admission... I think these reductions in cost to these kind of levels sends out the wrong message.

Lets sell ourselves as a vibrant, forward looking, attractive club which isnt desperate for money any more... supporting a football club is a commitment and we shouldn't be seen to be that desperate for support that we have to reduce entrance prices to non league levels.

Not too bad £17 Lorne Street, £15 Paddock, Railway Stand, Hamil End

Concessions  £12 and £10

Junior £7 and £5

£2 extra on the day for all areas

Tickets went on sale yesterday  

Just got 3 tickets for this game ,these games are so important to attract future support 1990 v Liverpool got me going the Vale regularly 2-2 at Anfield and 2-5 at Vale park so lets treat this game like we are playing Stoke yes I know we are not but we need to have the right mind set and anything is possible .
I love the F.A cup some of my best Vale memories are in this cup 3-2 at the baseball ground v Derby Everton Arsenal Southampton and the best game ever in a torrential downpour v highly rated Macaris and them lot down the a500 .
So lets win the tie , look at Sunderland we deserved beat them ,there in the quarter finals in league Cup .
Looking forwards to it
UTV

Archived