Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Big call that is putting Lloyd in he hardly excelled last time he came on the pitch ,that's gone now DC has seen something in him so let's hope he delivers in a great team display .
Shame about Proctor Cass injured and Gibbons on the bench lets see how the others do big night for them all no being benevolent to Mansfield thats happened far too many times in the past few years .
Time to deliver a winning performance v them

Politic is clearly a victim of the formation we play every week. I think he could easily play as part of a front two though. Same with Amoo. To me they both offer more than Lloyd from what I’ve seen.

I’m happy for Lloyd to prove me wrong though! He’s probably gone for him as he’s more of a ‘work horse’.

Lloyd is more familiar with playing the position and will certainly cover ground and harass defenders potentially allowing Wilson to stay central and conserve energy. Whether that turns out to work or he does a better job than the 2 wingers would do is anyones guess.

I agree with resting Gibbo, as he’s a nailed on starter but only if he’s not injured! Martin I trust as solid. I like how DC seems to have specific jobs for each player so maybe Lloyd will offer something specifically to hurt them. Come on Vale.

• Like 1

Can't believe he's gone for Lloyd ahead of Amoo and Politic, very surprising. We'll see!
I could be wrong but, as NCs teams tend to like to play out from the back, perhaps DC thinks that Lloyd, as a ratter, is more suited to effect the high press than both you mention, particularly so Amoo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:
Can't believe he's gone for Lloyd ahead of Amoo and Politic, very surprising. We'll see!

I could be wrong but, as NCs teams tend to like to play out from the back, perhaps DC thinks that Lloyd, as a ratter, is more suited to effect the high press than both you mention, particularly so Amoo

Could be - their centre backs are 6'3" and 6'4" so perhaps they'll struggle against a smaller, quicker forward. Fingers crossed it's another DC stroke of genius!

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 3