Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

In previous years we seem to have developed the appalling habit of becoming the Port Vale Benevolent Society and giving struggling teams the benefit of three points just when they need them. It always seemed to happen just when we were picking up so just hoping that DC has toughened us up mentally for tonight. If Harrogate slip up, we stand to go second and ready for an assault on top place.

So come on Vale, time to ditch Mr Nice Guys and put these away!

• Like 4

60.5 miles from vale park to onecall stadium so if we divide that by 11 starting vale players we get 5.50. If we divide that by the 11 mansfield players trying to stop us we get 0.5. So theres your score, I've done the maths. Mansfield 0 - 5 Port vale

• Like 1

60.5 miles from vale park to onecall stadium so if we divide that by 11 starting vale players we get 5.50. If we divide that by the 11 mansfield players trying to stop us we get 0.5. So theres your score, I've done the maths. Mansfield 0 - 5 Port vale
Where do you get your spice mate?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Go in expecting to win and we can beat these. Don’t make the mistake of being too respectful like we have done to Carlisle and Stevenage, who’ve turned out to be dog <ovf censored> but we let them play. Smash them up with our normal game, don’t overthink the threats and play simple.

Big call that to bring in Lloyd rather than Amoo or Politic who have both looked a real threat. Not sure what more  Politic needs to do to get a start?

Looks quite a defensive line-up but at least we have lots of game changers on the bench if needed.Nice to see Rodders back in the squad. Come on lads!!!

Proctor, Walker and Cass crocked. I know it’s not his natural position but if we can’t fit him in any other way I would play Politic as a 2nd striker. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

Big call that to bring in Lloyd rather than Amoo or Politic who have both looked a real threat. Not sure what more  Politic needs to do to get a start?

Looks quite a defensive line-up but at least we have lots of game changers on the bench if needed.Nice to see Rodders back in the squad. Come on lads!!!

Depressingly I wonder if he’s only there to make up the numbers as isn’t fit. I’m worried about the injuries, especially with Conlon, Gibbo and Garrity going full tilt when they should be resting. Eeep.

Strange team selection. One that probably none of us would have picked, but we’ve said this before games before and we’ve gone on to win. I trust the manager so I’ll give my opinion based on the game.

Personally I wouldn’t be starting Lloyd over Amoo or Politic, seems a bit of a surprise choice.

• Like 1