Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

Advert:

9 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Happy get out of there with a point in the end.

Take it though.

Hope the matrix has got Tom Conlons replacement lined up.  

Amazing how differently we all view things. Thought him a garrity were part of the problem tonight. Never at it at all I’m my eyes. Players ghosted past Conlon all night and his passing was woeful at times. No where near it other than a sublime free kick. 

Edited by dantheman
  • Like 3

P&G lardy fans calling for their managers head.  Get that yellow van outside the sjoke ground.  🤣

Today we should be wearing the stripped jumpers and the mask.  Got away with a point.  Thought we were going to loose near the end as they threw everything at the Vale.  The usual thing that happens - Vale play a team with injury problems and at the bottom end of the table.  We are tipped to win.  What usually happens - we loose.

Advert:

1 minute ago, dantheman said:

Amazing how differently we all view things. Thought him a garrity were part of the problem tonight. Never at it at all I’m my eyes. Players ghosted past Conlon all night and his passing was woeful at times. No where it other than a sublime free kick. 

I agree, apart from the sublime free kick Conlon didn’t do much 

Good result away from home at Mansfield. They may not be doing well but they played well against us tonight.

People are criticising Rodney, he isn't a centre forward (hopefully we can develop him into one). People are criticising Lloyd, he did as much if not more (winning the free kick we scored from) than the other attackers tonight.

It was a very disjointed performance and we got a point.

The penalty decision was a shocker and resulted in a good save from a very poor penalty.

Wilson had the best opportunity for us and barely managed to get his shot off.

We didn't have an answer to them tonight but managed a point. I really hope Proctor stays fit this season. I thought it also showed how important Cass and Jones are to provide us with two wide centre halves who are comfortable on the ball and can push forwards.

Onward and upwards. UTV

I'd like to see Walker in that midfield myself once fit to give us a more physical presence. Looked a bit powderpuff tonight as a whole.
I really wouldn't. I have seen nothing from him other than 2 good through balls to show that he has much to offer. He often gets beaten to easily and chooses to take a yellow in positions where he doesn't need to after which he can't make a tackle. The midfield hasn't looked good yet in a single game in which he has featured. Pett also looks much better in the holding role than when played more advanced. I hope he proves me wrong but as of yet I have seen nothing to show me that he deserves a place in the 1st 11.
  • Like 2

Mansfield fans will be scratching their heads tonight how we started the game 3rd.

Still, it's the sign of a decent team to get something when you're really poor, and you also have to give Mansfield credit as they no doubt put in their best performance of the season.

Advert:

Just now, wotsyobeef said:
10 minutes ago, Beech said:

I'd like to see Walker in that midfield myself once fit to give us a more physical presence. Looked a bit powderpuff tonight as a whole.

I really wouldn't. I have seen nothing from him other than 2 good through balls to show that he has much to offer. He often gets beaten to easily and chooses to take a yellow in positions where he doesn't need to after which he can't make a tackle. The midfield hasn't looked good yet in a single game in which he has featured. Pett also looks much better in the holding role than when played more advanced. I hope he proves me wrong but as of yet I have seen nothing to show me that he deserves a place in the 1st 11.

He's hardly had a run of games. He's also shown he can play higher up than League Two in his career.

• Like 1

Second best tonight but came away with a point.

Seemed to be too  much tinkering with formations during the game hence the team were not cohesive.

I'd like to see Jake Taylor start as he has quality but it looks like DC doesn't rate him.

I agree with Adam Yates, Mansfield are in a false position and will push up this league.

• Like 1