Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Robbed a point there. A goal from a free kick and a free kick against the bar, apart from that did we have a shot at their keeper? In fairness they played us off the park and are better than their league position suggests. Still another point keeps us ticking over.

• Like 1

Worst performance of the season so far id say looked leggy, short of composure on the ball- not that keen on martin from what ive seen on him. Just seemed like a off day where nothing seemed to click. 
onto saturday a point away from home is never a bad one again that was a game that last season no chance we get a draw 

A draw away from home when you haven't played well, in my opinion, is good, they had players returning and were going to turn their poor form around, so a draw, when you haven't played well is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Not a very good performance overall and I didn't think we managed the game very well in the 2nd half BUT the players dug in really well, showing a lot of grit and determination to hold out for a draw. Superb free kick from Conlon and penalty save from Covolan.How was that a penalty? Awful decision.

Great to see Rodders back but I forgot how frustrated I get watching him play. Clearly needs to get up to speed as well.

Good point IF we can back it up with a win on Saturday. I can't help but thinking its the kind of point a promotion team grind out when not playing well.  Good things are happening.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

Beyond woeful. Why they were clapped off so vigorously is beyond me as they didn’t want it at all, which is the minimum expectation. Credit for the pen save and very little else. 

2 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Happy get out of there with a point in the end.

Take it though.

Hope the matrix has got Tom Conlons replacement lined up.  

World opens up with a cool £mil in the pocket

Poor performance but defended in the most part well enough to limit them to very little, luckily they were poor enough not to make more of the balls into the box tonight.

Unlucky to hit the bar but if we can be that far off our best and get a point away from home I guess we can’t grumble!

Just now, blackdog said:

A draw away from home when you haven't played well, in my opinion, is good, they had players returning and were going to turn their poor form around, so a draw, when you haven't played well is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Don't think anyone will argue with a point, even before a ball was kicked. They'll finish top half comfortably. But the performance was a bit of a worry. We're still missing a striker in my eyes. Lloyd clearly isn't good enough for this level, at least yet, and Rodney has been abysmal whenever he has played this season it has to be said. We shouldn't miss Proctor as much as we looked like we did this evening.