onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

I feel more positive than negative after that strangely in that if we can be that off it and grind a point out (and nearly nick it) then that’s a promotion side trait.

Difference between why we are up there and them down there is we played poorly still got a decent point, they played very well but couldn’t get the three.

Last season we were as bad and lost 4-0 so shows the improvement that we’ve defended resolutely to ensure we got something and ran.

Good to see Smudge do a Cheilini at the end to preserve the result! Last season we let them run through and take the consequences.

Advert

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

They cut out any supply to Woz by having 2 on him. Benning had acres but we didn’t use him and the midfield weren’t there. Conlon needs a rocket. Great goal and second free kick but that was it. Quinn aged what, 40, ran rings around him

Barrow did the same at the weekend with Worrall and gibbons, 2 men on them every time stopping the ball into our forwards from both wing backs and we couldn’t get anything going. 

Barrow did the same at the weekend with Worrall and gibbons, 2 men on them every time stopping the ball into our forwards from both wing backs and we couldn’t get anything going. 
I think that this is maybe a sign that teams have figured out how to stop us creating. DC has said that would happen, and that he would change it when they did, so we'll see if he actually does relatively soon I expect

25 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I still worry about that formation. Always feels to me that’s it’s quite easy to counter and to stop us playing. Which Mansfield did with ease last night. It Dosent suit us, Worrall still being wasted at RWB and Politic stuck on the bench. 433 or 4321 next time DC 

We played 433 second half (Politic, Rodney, Worrall front three) and were much, much worse. 

We weren't great with a 352 but we looked a bit better. 

Politic came on and did very little, which was disappointing. It was an off-night but 352 has served us relatively well.

Watching it was completely annoyed more than any other game this season I've watched them .
Here are my marks .
COVALAN 8 saved pen did nowt wrong our best player in my opinion
Smith 5 looked out of sorts most of night .
Martin 5 did some good things I thought but also did some bad things .
Benning 3 a cone be more useful did he think he was still playing for Mansfield because he showed no desire take them on when we had the ball and was generally miles away from there player when he was crossing .
Jones 5 poor distribution tonight
Worrall 5 headless chicken no real attacking threat at all .
Conlon 6 great goal and another great free kick however spent most of the night chasing shadows .He gets a 6 for his goal and that's it .
Pett 5 chasing shadows
Garrity 5 chasing shadows
LLoyd 5 never held the ball up but was on the end of through ball to win free kick works his socks off ill give him that .
Wilson 5
Subs Gibbons 7 he livened us up a bit .
Politic 6 at least he got us in there half
Rodney 6 thought he did OK but we never played at all all night .
733 Vale fans there and they play like that.
AWFUL.
man of the match the travelling fans
I went and I thought the vale fans were crap. Sang for about 5 minutes. Out classes by Mansfields fans and they are off the back of not winning in God knows how long.

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Big issue is Rodney at the moment as well. He looks completely disinterested, awful last night again when he came on. Has to be amoo for me over Rodney now. 

He clearly isn't fit, his pace seems to be gone at the moment. He is the one I thought would benefit most from fans being back getting us off our seat when he bursts forward and getting him going but hasn't happened at all.

Archived