onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Revenge required for last season 0-4 away, 0-3 home, give them a thumping. Don’t take it easy against a team depleted by 10 injuries, although Quinn and Sinclair return from suspension. No league wins since August, their 2 wins being their first 2 games both at home. Expecting son of Cloughie to still be there and a 3-0 win for us.

Advert

Dc will have us set up right and I'll leave the team to him .
Politic Benning have both made good cases to start after yesterday's impressive turnaround.
It's a squad game now and he is right keep everyone hungry and we usually play better if we have just the one game a week in fact we play very very well .
Would he consider Hurst Walker Rodney and players like Amoo for this game who knows maybe he will I doubt it though but if he can have a squad of 24 and 20 of them be worthy of the shirt at certain points during the campaign that can only be a good thing course it keeps them all fresh and hungry .
UTV

36 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Dc will have us set up right and I'll leave the team to him .
Politic Benning have both made good cases to start after yesterday's impressive turnaround.
It's a squad game now and he is right keep everyone hungry and we usually play better if we have just the one game a week in fact we play very very well .
Would he consider Hurst Walker Rodney and players like Amoo for this game who knows maybe he will I doubt it though but if he can have a squad of 24 and 20 of them be worthy of the shirt at certain points during the campaign that can only be a good thing course it keeps them all fresh and hungry .
UTV

36 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Wonder who will replace Proctor who was feeling his groin throughout the 1st half. Rodney injured, Hurst injured too. Would you play Politic or play Amoo and bring Dennis on as an impact sub? We have options all over the pitch. Would be nice to go there and get something a win would really keep us on the boil and put the fear into the rest of L2.

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

Wonder who will replace Proctor who was feeling his groin throughout the 1st half. Rodney injured, Hurst injured too. Would you play Politic or play Amoo and bring Dennis on as an impact sub? We have options all over the pitch. Would be nice to go there and get something a win would really keep us on the boil and put the fear into the rest of L2.

My guess would be he will start Lloyd if he has recovered from his illness but as you say it could be Politic or Amoo tbf

I don’t see Lloyd getting back in yet tbh after his appearance at Sutton. 

it’ll be interesting to see what formation we go with at Mansfield. Nice that we have different options. If proctor isn’t fit we can go 3-5-2 or even 3-4-3 to get politic and Worrall up front alongside Wilson. Or we could go with the back 4. Either way I think we should be starting our strongest team and not being tempted to go with a bit of squad rotation. 

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Problem is, both Politic and Worrall are right sided. To play one you have to leave the other out.

Unless Wozza goes on the left? Has this been tried?

Don't agree, Worrall has played so many games for us down the left and maybe not as good as he is down the right, still managed to assist a large number of goals for us.  I remember the season that was cut short he ended up playing a large number down the left with Amoo on the right.  I would have thought a tricky player like Politic can play anywhere across the forward line, for me he has to start and if Proctor is injured, a 3 of Worrall, Wilson and Politic is as good as anything in this league.

5 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I don’t see Lloyd getting back in yet tbh after his appearance at Sutton. 

it’ll be interesting to see what formation we go with at Mansfield. Nice that we have different options. If proctor isn’t fit we can go 3-5-2 or even 3-4-3 to get politic and Worrall up front alongside Wilson. Or we could go with the back 4. Either way I think we should be starting our strongest team and not being tempted to go with a bit of squad rotation. 

DC makes the point over and over that you can’t judge a player after only 10 games.

So I doubt he would do it after a 25 min sun appearance.

Hope we take a fair few tomorrow I reckon we will .
As for the game just do what we have been doing ,be brave play your football and go for it .
I believe they have injuries shame that as I'd like us play them at full-strength so there fans who obviously loved there 4 -0 win which should have been 5 and there 3 -0 win which should have been probably 7 or 8 such were those performances last season in those 2 particular games so I want us go there and put in our best performance of the season and not only get the 3 points but absolutely hammer them .
Team this is injury permitting ,we have such a good squad of players so here's my team .
Covalan
Smith Martin Jones
Gibbons Benning
Walker Pett Garrity
Worrall Wilson
Obviously if Proctor makes it he goes in ,need to deal better with the lad who was at Crewe if he still plays for Mansfield than what we did last season so that's why Martin in before anyone asks ,johnsons not ready yet it seems but I do not think the team I've chosen weakens us in fact I feel it strengthens us especially away where your going come under some pressure almost clubs home support demand that you give everything and have a go I expect Mansfields be no different.
Subs
Stone Amoo Politic Conlon Taylor Bailey Rodney
Good luck the Vale I'm sure Dcs team will be different than mine but like I say he could choose about 9 of our squad replace first teamers and it would not weaken us
UTV

The first of 2 winnable games this week, and I hope we can put right our poor efforts against them last season. I would look at bringing in someone like Amoo or Politic if Proctor needs resting for the  Colchester game. 

Hoping for a minimum of 4 points this week, but hopefully 6 to keep the momentum going. 

Archived