Do we keep losing the toss or is it tactics from Clarke?

This is the 3rd or 4th time we appear to have been turned by the away club to kick against the Bycars in the first half. Is this tactical by Clarke or are clubs trying to remove our alleged advantage. 

As long as can remember at Vale Park we have always endeavoured to kick towards the Bycars second half. 

Any thoughts?

• Thanks 1

This is the 3rd or 4th time we appear to have been turned by the away club to kick against the Bycars in the first half. Is this tactical by Clarke or are clubs trying to remove our alleged advantage. 
As long as can remember at Vale Park we have always endeavoured to kick towards the Bycars second half. 
Any thoughts?
What's the alleged advantage? I thought we had to change ends at half time anyway? Or am I missing something?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's absolutely no advantage it's purely psychology.

Like Liverpool kicking towards the Kop 2nd half is their tradition.

As a Bycars fan I must admit it always does my head in . But in reality it makes no odds . 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Valiant 1876 said:

Any thoughts?

Yes I said the same, I don't think it's teams turning us around more of 'why fix it if it's not broken. 3 home games since losing to Rochdale, and 3 wins and and 6 goals shooting towards the Hamil.

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

There's absolutely no advantage it's purely psychology.

Like Liverpool kicking towards the Kop 2nd half is their tradition.

As a Bycars fan I must admit it always does my head in . But in reality it makes no odds . 

Understandable at Anfield where the crowd can suck in deciding goals if the game is in the balance,  but depriving the Vale of Bycars with the current crowd arrangements, as you say, makes no odds since they sucked in Foyles famous goal.

36 minutes ago, The Valiant 1876 said:

Any thoughts?

Whatever it is we are winning games and winning them well. Any doubters take note. Great feeling to be 3rd place tonight for sure, roll on Tuesday we will be there tickets in hand roaring the lads on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, The Valiant 1876 said:
Any thoughts?

What's the alleged advantage? I thought we had to change ends at half time anyway? Or am I missing something?

You perhaps are missing something, and yes of vourse we change sides at half time!!

30 odd years at Port Vale and probably 95 % of these home games we always finish the game playing towards the Bycars. 

Clearly the management over the years have felt it a positive to play that way. 

It is an observation where recently things seem to have gone against the grain, is this Clarke or is this the away team? 

I cooked up a theory before the match that the “malfunctioning” of the sprinklers was in fact an elaborate JohnBeckesque fine margin advantage gain  organised by Clarke that depended on the outcome of the toss.

• Haha 1

Just now, Valiant62 said:

I cooked up a theory before the match that the “malfunctioning” of the sprinklers was in fact an elaborate JohnBeckesque fine margin advantage gain  organised by Clarke that depended on the outcome of the toss.

Speedy looked completely baffled by this new thing at Port Vale , up to date technology . 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The fact that we kicked off today suggests Barrow swapped ends ? 

Yeah. We kicked off today and against Orient. We’ve had a bad run of being turned around this season. 4 out of 6 league games I make it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Speedy looked completely baffled by this new thing at Port Vale , up to date technology . 

Up to date technology? Not quite pop up sprinklers though.

It makes a difference at Harrogate because the players need their roller blades for the downhill but hiking boots for the uphill. Win the toss or your <ovf censored> ed.

Edited by 1