Northern Ireland

Davebrad

4 minutes ago, WV said:

Just wondered, some people might think differently to you but you would have to be ok with them making their stand, wouldn't you? You know, James McClean for one. I am sure you didn't slag him off in the thread about him refusing to wear a poppy did you? 

you asked would you be upset? and that was my reply. As to that s**t bag and all ira s**t bags, may they all rot in the deepest depths of hell... hope i've made that clear enough.

36 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

you asked would you be upset? and that was my reply. As to that s**t bag and all ira s**t bags, may they all rot in the deepest depths of hell... hope i've made that clear enough.

So you can understand people have different views on things then, that you might not necessarily agree with but youre happy with that as long as they didn't grow up with their fellow citizens being killed by our soldiers? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WV said:

So you can understand people have different views on things then, that you might not necessarily agree with but youre happy with that as long as they didn't grow up with their fellow citizens being killed by our soldiers? 

i;ve never disputed people have different views on things-

ie- players have the right to take the knee, i have the right to disapprove of them...and show it.

ie- our soldiers were sent there by our government to stop the ira scum sneaking around blowing up innocent UK citizens, soldiers were protecting those UK citizens and themselves.

ie- Blairs government giving "letters of comfort" to 100 scum fugitives suspects in nearly 300 murder cases, and yet British soldiers are still being hounded for actions 60yrs ago.

lastly on this subject, the ira said it was at war with the UK government, in war you kill or be killed...thats my view and feelings on this, so i will not respond to the ira subject

its a great pity all the ira weren't killed...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

i;ve never disputed people have different views on things-

ie- players have the right to take the knee, i have the right to disapprove of them...and show it.

ie- our soldiers were sent there by our government to stop the ira scum sneaking around blowing up innocent UK citizens, soldiers were protecting those UK citizens and themselves.

ie- Blairs government giving "letters of comfort" to 100 scum fugitives suspects in nearly 300 murder cases, and yet British soldiers are still being hounded for actions 60yrs ago.

lastly on this subject, the ira said it was at war with the UK government, in war you kill or be killed...thats my view and feelings on this, so i will not respond to the ira subject

its a great pity all the ira weren't killed...

James McClean wasn't in the IRA as far as I can tell. He was just a citizen that grew up in a time when foreigners were blowing up his home town and killing civilians. So you don't mind him having that view then? 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WV said:

James McClean wasn't in the IRA as far as I can tell. He was just a citizen that grew up in a time when foreigners were blowing up his home town and killing civilians. So you don't mind him having that view then? 

i thought i'd replied to this but i cannot see it, so N.Ireland is split by religion, McClean was born in Londonderry part of the UK, the foreigners who were blowing up his home town and killing civilians were the ira... the British troops were their to stop them, unfortunately they could not stop them completely....

he as his views on this and he supports the ira vehemently, but as he lives and earns his living in this country, he cannot expect to be welcomed with open arms...

• Thanks 1

i thought i'd replied to this but i cannot see it, so N.Ireland is split by religion, McClean was born in Londonderry part of the UK, the foreigners who were blowing up his home town and killing civilians were the ira... the British troops were their to stop them, unfortunately they could not stop them completely....
he as his views on this and he supports the ira vehemently, but as he lives and earns his living in this country, he cannot expect to be welcomed with open arms...
That is one viewpoint, another would be the colonisation of part of Ireland by a foreign country. There are always many viewpoints, some inconceivable to some but wandering off topic.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

That is one viewpoint, another would be the colonisation of part of Ireland by a foreign country. There are always many viewpoints, some inconceivable to some but wandering off topic.

in the Northern Ireland border poll on 8th March 1973, on a turnout of 58.7%, 98.9% voted to remain in the UK... the pira on that day planted 4 car bombs indiscriminately in London, 2 went off, resulting in 1 death and 200 injured, 

in the Northern Ireland border poll on 8th March 1973, on a turnout of 58.7%, 98.9% voted to remain in the UK... the pira on that day planted 4 car bombs indiscriminately in London, 2 went off, resulting in 1 death and 200 injured, 
I was only quoting an historical fact, I see no point in arguing.

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
14 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

I was only quoting an historical fact, I see no point in arguing.

not arguing, just figs to show the nationalists had their chance through the ballot box, just like brexit but in both cases those who wanted a result went out and voted, but the pira would rather go on with the killing as it was in their dna...

3 hours ago, Davebrad said:

not arguing, just figs to show the nationalists had their chance through the ballot box, just like brexit but in both cases those who wanted a result went out and voted, but the pira would rather go on with the killing as it was in their dna...

3 hours ago, Davebrad said:

Loyalists outnumber nationalist more than 2 to 1 so nationalists will never win 

4 hours ago, Davebrad said:

So the nationalists should just change their views because they lost a vote? 

Just like you'd have supported the EU had remain won the vote?  They lost, get over it, right? 

My final say on this subject...I'm sure brexit won't bring any of the problems back to the forefront again in NI will it. 

Edited by WV

Dave, do you know anything about the history of Ireland prior to the 1970s?  Do you know about the massacre of Catholics carried out by Cromwell's troops in Drogedha and Wexford?  Do you know about the absentee landlords, English protestants, who contributed to famine amongst the Irish peasantry in the 1700s?  Do you know about the effects of the Corn Laws in the 19th centry, enacted to ensure that English landowners could keep the price of corn high with its consequent effects on the poor both in Ireland and England which led to the serious Irish famine of the 1840s killing hundreds of thousands?  Do you know about the Easter Rising of 1916 when a Republican attempt to achieve independence for Ireland was met with severe punishment by the British government including illegal trials of some of the leaders?  Do you know that among the executions was that of James Connolly who was so badly wounded  that he couldn't stand and was tied to a chair so he could be shot?  Do you know about the first Bloody Sunday in 1920 when the British response to an IRA attack on British agents saw soldiers open fire on a crowd at a football match killing 14 civilians and wound a lot more?

The history of Ireland is very complex and assuming that the IRA were the only "baddies" in that history shows a lack of understanding. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, WV said:

So the nationalists should just change their views because they lost a vote? 

Just like you'd have supported the EU had remain won the vote?  They lost, get over it, right? 

My final say on this subject...I'm sure brexit won't bring any of the problems back to the forefront again in NI will it. 

well i like a lot of people who voted against joining held our peace till we were given the opportunity, then we all got our chance, and regarding NI if it breaks the GF peace agreement we should evoke artical 13 and go WO terms...

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Dave, do you know anything about the history of Ireland prior to the 1970s?  Do you know about the massacre of Catholics carried out by Cromwell's troops in Drogedha and Wexford?  Do you know about the absentee landlords, English protestants, who contributed to famine amongst the Irish peasantry in the 1700s?  Do you know about the effects of the Corn Laws in the 19th centry, enacted to ensure that English landowners could keep the price of corn high with its consequent effects on the poor both in Ireland and England which led to the serious Irish famine of the 1840s killing hundreds of thousands?  Do you know about the Easter Rising of 1916 when a Republican attempt to achieve independence for Ireland was met with severe punishment by the British government including illegal trials of some of the leaders?  Do you know that among the executions was that of James Connolly who was so badly wounded  that he couldn't stand and was tied to a chair so he could be shot?  Do you know about the first Bloody Sunday in 1920 when the British response to an IRA attack on British agents saw soldiers open fire on a crowd at a football match killing 14 civilians and wound a lot more?

The history of Ireland is very complex and assuming that the IRA were the only "baddies" in that history shows a lack of understanding. 

jacko i will reply but i'm getting ready to go the match... catch you later.

6 hours ago, Davebrad said:

jacko i will reply but i'm getting ready to go the match... catch you later.

UP THE VALE, what f...  flipping great goals...  well got that out of the way,

now... first off, do we have to repeatedly apologise for past events, we cannot continually be held responsible for things our country did years ago, words and attitudes change over the years, what was accepted then, is not now...

The ira are the baddies, because leaving a bomb in a rubbish bin in the middle of a town kills indiscrminately, snipping at a soldier, knee capping people who don't do what you want including your own people, honey-trap killings of young soldiers, ok British troops wern't angels but just think they were targets at any time any place. imagin a 20yr old squaddie facing a crowd/mob of screaming men, woman and children throwing bricks, they here a shot, what do you honestly think the young squaddie already frightened, hyped up will do? 

They are being hunted down for these accusations  now, whilst known ira killers have waved blairs get out of jail cards, and laughed at us... they have killed many innocent men, woman and children, why just pick on soldiers, who, i don't know, probably opened fire on the spur of the moment, whereas the ira schemed and planned for days, weeks, even months for their "kill".