Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, robf said:

It will be interesting to see who comes in if Proctor is unfit. One from Rodney, Amoo, Lloyd or Politic?

I would guess Proc will be fit.  Didn’t look happy at being subbed on Saturday.  Just DC playing mind games in my opinion.

Speaking of Rodders, what’s the word on him?  “Personal” reasons mentioned for his unavailability last weekend.  Anyone heard anything to suggest he’s available this?

10 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Speaking of Rodders, what’s the word on him?  “Personal” reasons mentioned for his unavailability last weekend.  Anyone heard anything to suggest he’s available this?

I dunno... I do know you can normally trust the Interweb to make everything into a conspiracy!

I just wonder if DC kept the same squad together as it was winning. So, no conspiracy or "personal reasons" just that Rodney wasn't out of the squad and DC didn't think it was fair to drop anyone out to accommodate him while they were winning. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robf said:

I dunno... I do know you can normally trust the Interweb to make everything into a conspiracy!

I just wonder if DC kept the same squad together as it was winning. So, no conspiracy or "personal reasons" just that Rodney wasn't out of the squad and DC didn't think it was fair to drop anyone out to accommodate him while they were winning. 

I can't believe that DC would even consider this if Rodders was fit, I think that if he wasn't starting he'd be a great impact sub.

I can't believe that DC would even consider this if Rodders was fit, I think that if he wasn't starting he'd be a great impact sub.
Like against Rochdale you mean?

Tend to agree that if he's available, he'd be on the bench at least.

13 hours ago, robf said:

He’s just become a dad. The Podcast mentioned it last week 

11 hours ago, philmpv said:

Like against Rochdale you mean? emoji6.png

Tend to agree that if he's available, he'd be on the bench at least.

Bizarrely selected for the next game at Swindon and what do you know he had a belting game 

Time flies, because of his ban it's 5 weeks since he played a game. 

As bad as he was against Rochdale he's definitely a go to sub for me. 

11 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How long is paternity leave nowadays?

But he's not on leave. Can't be that surely. He was on the pitch after Orient and was also in the stand at Sutton sat with Walker and Hurst . 

Have to be looking to win this one. At home against a ‘weaker’ side. If we are looking to challenge up the top of this division then games such as this at home have to be wins. I’d swap up the back line given the goals we have conceded recently

24 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

But he's not on leave. Can't be that surely. He was on the pitch after Orient and was also in the stand at Sutton sat with Walker and Hurst . 

Not now, probably a few weeks back but personal.

If that's the case it coincided with his ban. He was banned for Harrogate Scunthorpe and Orient but was available last week at Sutton where he was in the crowd. 

Of course I'm not taking into account Paint pot games 

Ummm. I’m not sure about the line up, from the perspective that you don’t recover from a groin injury in week.

I’ll say it first, neither Proctor nor Wilson will be on the pitch after 70 minutes. Should start with one or the other, not both today. But just my opinion.

I hope we get the 3 points to get last weeks disaster out of our system but I’m fearing more late drama.