Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

On 11/10/2021 at 19:10, werstayinup said:

Barrow are another one of those horrible teams like Harrogate,Stevenage and Sutton so i think this could go either way,that first goal will be crucial again because i have to be honest i cant see these causing us the same trouble Sutton did if they go a goal down

I think you will find they are a very different team than that.

Mark Cooper has changed the squad significantly and is trying to play ‘football’. 

• Like 1

I posted the day before the Sutton game that we will drop points, it's inevitable, it's these games (versus Barrow) that will indicate where we are as a team. I don't think the back line will have needed a rollicking from Clarke to feel any worse and I think they will be desperate to amend the errors from last week.

There was a moment in the first half down the left where the Vale players were passing the ball around like they were playing 3 leagues higher. Our second goal was absolutely superb in the build up, players making space, knowing where they will make their run. But they scored and we panicked, an odd game looking back. 

Looking at Barrow's form, they've won 2 in their last 5, drew against Orient in their last game and it doesn't look like they've played/beaten anyone that will be up near the top come May. We should be beating these even on an average day. I haven't checked but I think we've had one of the hardest opening fixtures in the league. We've played every team in the top 7 spots (excluding us obviously)

• Like 2

Couple of changes possibly according to DC sat I hope jp is not one of them although it opens the door for one of them others be interesting see who.
Rodney's nowhere be seen
Lloyd admire his energy I'm not sure inthe air he can be much trouble .
Amoo is a good player I'm not sure he is the answer alongside Wilson though ithink he should just swop with Worrall or Gibbons in later stages of games .
Politic has good movement I'd go for him if JP or JW do not make it .
If both of them do not make not
Lloyd and Amoo again maybe Politic and Bailey
UTV

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Couple of changes possibly according to DC sat I hope jp is not one of them although it opens the door for one of them others be interesting see who.
Rodney's nowhere be seen
Amoo is a good player I'm not sure he is the answer alongside Wilson though ithink he should just swop with Worrall or Gibbons in later stages of games .
UTV

Bailey ? He's nowhere near the squad mate as good a prospect as he may well turn out. 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Rodney's nowhere be seen
UTV

Back to the VFIA of old with that one 

I preferred the old server, it kept posts really well.  Whilst it was really reliable when 1st installed it has been slowing down for the last couple of seasons, I'm not too sure about this new one.  It's doing things that I've not seen any of our previous servers doing.  Like playing a high line and actually looking comfortable when coming and claiming crosses...............

I'll get me coat.

• Haha 3

They look a decent side who (apart from when they went 4 at the back at Bradford) have employed a 3-4-1-2 formation away from home, similar to us. 

So, it could come down to personnel and I think we're better on paper. They've got Josh Gordon up top - who we were heavily linked with over the summer - and Remeao Hutton at RWB, who I liked a lot in a very poor Stevenage team last season. 

Should be an interesting game, I don't think they'll be coming here to shut up shop. Looking for Captain Conlon to put in a League One/Championship standard performance he is well capable of, after a couple of weeks of dropping down to League Two levels. 

I think based on previous games against Mark Cooper sides they tend to like doing a lot of passing across their back line and we have exploited them with a high press in the past. Regardless of formation or lineup I expect that is something DC is going to target tomorrow.

Even though the end of the last game wasn’t how we’d have wanted it we looked a really good side for large parts of that game and indeed have done for most of the season. Maintain those standards am certain we’ll get the three points tomorrow.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to this one. Expecting a really decent game of football from both sides.

Don't expect personnel changes unless Proc is unfit. If so I think Politic would come in with a small tweak to 3421 formation.

3 points please for DC's promotion train to build up steam again.