Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

I've been critical of Benning & rightly so, but thought today was his first really good half for us. Played well & great finish for the 3rd.

Well done to DC as well, both subs scored & his tactical changes ensured we got off to an energetic start in the 2nd half. Brilliant.

Lots of people critical of mad Cov for the goal & rightly so for me. DC has criticised the goal as well in his interview, he has to be better. I haven't been massively impressed by him so far this season; I'm struggling to remember many great saves & it almost feels like every time somebody hits the target it's ending up in the back of our net. I will back him of course, but I do feel he might be a weak link in our side.

Another good crowd today, the interest is growing! UTV 

Edited by ValeForever.
  • Like 3

Do you know, I have a funny feeling that somehow Barrow will be somewhat regretting that first half time wasting.

Haven’t read any other posts in this thread yet so looking forward to reading through the overreacting histrionics from the usual suspects up until the 50th minute later.

Pleased Benning has showed up (what a hit) and that Wilson managed a full game.

DC has a big decision to make about Politic. Knocking on the door.

Disappointed that Covolon is yet again a social media and P&G target for those who NEED to have a whipping boy whatever the results on the pitch. 

• Like 3

Another great win, credit to DC for changing it round second half.

in my opinion Benning was the best player on the pitch second half, and I thought that even before his goal, another 3 points Tuesday would be nice.

Second half was really enjoyable ,first half was slow and ponderous and we conceded from a hit and hope he struck it well though so credit to him .
Politics goal was absolutely superb the movement of Wilson was top notch and we deservedly took the game with Benning shining and Worrall being hugely influential as game wore on his cross being put in own net and Cross field ball been hit superbly twice by Benning the second resulting in the third and vital goal .
Clarks done smashing there he as changed it at half time and the players have responded .
Man of the Match Wilson he really showed alot of quality today well played .
I'd like see more of Politic he is immense
UTV

Despite Bennings goal I thought that at times he was still too slow to get out to their right wing back and they got too many crosses in from his side. However putting Gibbo and Benning to full back, losing a centre half and playing with wide men was a master stoke. It allowed both full backs more time on the ball to pick out their wingers or for them to drive at the heart of their team.  Plus we also got more time for Conlon to get on the ball too. Other than the goal I thought that first half there was nothing between the sides and they had done their homework to stop our attacking threat. Credit to the management for seeing that and making the change in formation. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doha said:

Do you know, I have a funny feeling that somehow Barrow will be somewhat regretting that first half time wasting.

Haven’t read any other posts in this thread yet so looking forward to reading through the overreacting histrionics from the usual suspects up until the 50th minute later.

Pleased Benning has showed up (what a hit) and that Wilson managed a full game.

DC has a big decision to make about Politic. Knocking on the door.

Disappointed that Covolon is yet again a social media and P&G target for those who NEED to have a whipping boy whatever the results on the pitch. 

To be fair he has to be much better than is he is being. That was a really comfortable save and one he has to be making. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Excellent character shown after a very mediocre first half.

Tuesdays fixtures are brilliant for us. Lots of the top teams play each other.

Come on Vale make your mark by beating Mansfield.

Very content tonight. Slightly concerned about Proctor as that niggle might be more serious. Hopefully precautionary . 

As good as Proctor is, we can afford to let him recover properly, as we finally have decent backup, now the deadwood has been chopped!

• Like 2