onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Every player makes mistakes so a keeper is going to be no different in that regard. Put simply, the better players make fewer mistakes.

I’ve no idea which camp Covolan, or Stone for that matter, will fall into, good, bad or indifferent, I’ve not seen enough of either yet to really form a solid opinion myself but I’ve seen enough good in both to think we’re fine in the goalkeeping department, without either player looking like setting the world on fire.

Advert

5 hours ago, Doha said:

Yeah I looked this up earlier to double check. Oldham at home, immediately after the little debacle at Cheltenham below, he hadn't been dropped. If Covolan had done this instead of the venerated saint Scott Brown there'd be murder on social media. 

If you’re trying to defend Covolan by knocking Brown, no way can you argue against the fact that when Brown came in he actually lived up to his reputation.  OK so there was a dip towards the end in a few games, but he was mostly excellent in his time for us, far more consistently good than the present incumbent.  From what I’ve witnessed, at his best he was way better than we’ve seen so far from Covolan, who you could also say is arguably having a far easier ride in this team than Brown ever did.

Covolan got off to a bad start and it’ll  take some great performances from him to erase the memory of that in many fans minds.  Hopefully we’ll see that from him as the season progresses.

18 hours ago, MBE said:

Because you think you are right doesn't mean you are right when you could actually be wrong or right!

As an ex goalkeeper I can say he <ovf censored> up and should have saved it. No excuses for not saving.

I could be right or wrong but the only opinion which really matters on this one is DC.

No - I'm right! hahaha

If you think he fecked up it's no wonder you're an ex-GK!!! I would be much more critical of the players in the wall, than of Cov...and, yes - it's his job to set the wall right. But I don't see DC changing it around, just to teach him a lesson?

6 hours ago, Doha said:

Yeah I looked this up earlier to double check. Oldham at home, immediately after the little debacle at Cheltenham below, he hadn't been dropped. If Covolan had done this instead of the venerated saint Scott Brown there'd be murder on social media. 

Shocker! Conveniently forgotten by the St Scott Brigade, and you will find a good few more examples over the last 2 seasons...more so from last because his form dipped so dramatically it was poretty bloody obvious he wouldn't be retained on his performances.

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Shocker! Conveniently forgotten by the St Scott Brigade, and you will find a good few more examples over the last 2 seasons...more so from last because his form dipped so dramatically it was poretty bloody obvious he wouldn't be retained on his performances.

Pretty bloody obvious you've got a very short and very selective memory.

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I think it’s because those criticising Covolan are the same posters who thought we shouldn’t have released Scott Brown. I may be wrong though. 

Scott Brown had a very poor season. Age, salary, his own prospects all seemed to be against him.It was decided not too drop him ??

Covolan is a signing to prove himself this season and then to take the role forward. You dont drop your number 1 keeper after one or two mistakes. We are having a very good run and Covolan is a part of that. The only difference is that goalkeepers do get some leeway. Outfield players are left out for an odd game or so far more that keepers.

Yes Covolan deserved his  number 1 role but if he has a mistake or two in him, he is not immune from comments. See D.C.. I am convinced that Covolan still has plenty to prove this season before securing the number one role, hopefully in league one. There will be plenty of good keepers available for league one next season UTV

10 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Scott Brown did!

We never had viable no.2 because JA didn't believe in a squad.

I was happy Brown was realised, quite frankly he was utter <ovf censored> in his final season and didn't deserve a new contract.

Wrong message would be sent out to the squad is sent out if DC doesn't act. 

3 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Most of the post about Stone was hypothetical...

Stone too will be here with twelve months to prove his worth within the setup and style we need.

He may be young enough to learn but the goalkeeping position is crucial, we keep hearing this, so the least i would expect is a number two to come in and fill in the similar role.

Done expect him to be up and running and equal to Covolan

5 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Not happy with the 2nd half it seems 😂

He’s right that they did take our energy out of the team first half, which as we know was by stopping the space for our wing backs. Which was also to the detriment of barrow as an attacking force as well because they just came to defend. But it’s funny that he blames his players for the second half, yet it took the manager ages to react to our formation change, so he should look at that too. 

Archived