onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

4 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

No team to fear in this league. We will have off days but top 3 is not beyond us on the evidence so far.

Yeah. Of the rest of the top 7 we've W4 D1 L1, and we were 3-2 up in that single defeat with minutes to go. 

The rest of October and all of November is now a brilliant opportunity to entrench ourselves at the top.

No it was in the corner! The wall was at fault just as much! 
Have a look at the video again. It wasn't in the corner. He actually pushed it into the corner after he moved just a few inches! It looked more or less straight at him to me. He should have had it.

Why they chose such a small wall and one player just standing randomly away from the wall is a question for management.

51 minutes ago, bomber said:

49 minutes ago, Doha said:

Spot on. Big gap in the wall. Brought that on ourselves. 

39 minutes ago, philmpv said:

This Covolan debate is getting ridiculous. Every time we concede a goal it's the same thing, even to the point where Stone has somehow gotten the moniker of 'steady Stone', despite keeping only 1 clean sheet. Teams concede goals, not just goalkeepers. Get off the guys back ffs.

The ball goes in to the corner he’s standing in. Practically straight at him then. He should have saved it, he got both hands to it and there’s no excuse. That should be a routine save. It’s not beyond criticism and clearly Clarke thinks the same judging by his post match interview. He is also responsible for organising the wall too.  If that had been a defender making a mistake for a goal then no one would be saying that he shouldn’t be called out for it. 

7DC90ACD-EAAB-49A1-86A2-46E0B85AFFCE.jpeg

DAE80E78-490C-4917-9BD6-A37687C1EF88.jpeg

33C43A75-1DC0-4FF6-8F00-3590BE7ED4D0.jpeg

50 minutes ago, bomber said:

Straight at him, cov pushed it into the corner. No debate that it’s his error me for me, even DC said so. 

38 minutes ago, philmpv said:

This Covolan debate is getting ridiculous. Every time we concede a goal it's the same thing, even to the point where Stone has somehow gotten the moniker of 'steady Stone', despite keeping only 1 clean sheet. Teams concede goals, not just goalkeepers. Get off the guys back ffs.

It’s fair to criticise an error like that surely? DC has said he has to do much better. Personally I think he does need to improve, the last 3 games we have conceded 3 goals I would expect him to save. If we can criticise Wilson every time he misses a chance it’s only fair to criticise the keeper when he lets one straight at him in. 

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

The gap is there as that is where the keeper is. It goes in the gap straight to him and he should save. 

Just watched it back and yeah fair enough. My memory of the real time angle from the railway looked like he'd had to dive for it.  

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

If we can criticise Wilson every time he misses a chance it’s only fair to criticise the keeper when he lets one straight at him in. 

Yeah, but Phil is making a very fair point that while no one is actively waiting for Wilson to fluff something, unfortunately there's a few about who just can't let it go regarding Covolan and are poised ready for him to make a mistake. I'm not saying you are but it's all over that daft facebook group, and was aired on P&G yesterday. 

That's just how it is though. We were only 17 odd minutes into this 46 game season when the anti Clarke/Flitcroft abuse started at Northampton remember. I remember it well because I was stood in front of three muppets at it for about 80 minutes of the game, it does your head in listening to that constant negative drivel. DC has said in a few interviews now that he's a good manager up until he loses two games and then he's crap and he's right, some of us are too fickle. Won 7/8 in a row last season, won 6 out of the last 8 this season, there's a few around who need to hold their hands up instead of disappearing to try to save face. Again not you. 

He should of done better than he did but it didn't cost us luckily. Hopefully a blip . Concerns have been about his kicking when out of goal not his shot stopping so let's give him leeway. 

Loved Brown but last year he definitely cost us points against Walsall and Cheltenham , so far I'd argue Lucas cost us maybe the opportunity of a point at Northampton and that's it. 

Personally it was such a melee and scrap of bodies I don't hold him responsible for the Sutton winner . 

Yes I get he's not exempt from criticism but I think the words from Clarke will suffice surely .

He's had some good games and when people are even questioning had he even made a save of note it's ridiculous.

He's sponsored by us give the guy a break. He'll learn and move on. 

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

Yeah, but Phil is making a very fair point that while no one is actively waiting for Wilson to fluff something, unfortunately there's a few about who just can't let it go regarding Covolan and are poised ready for him to make a mistake. I'm not saying you are but it's all over that daft facebook group, and was aired on P&G yesterday. 

That's just how it is though. We were only 17 odd minutes into this 46 game season when the anti Clarke/Flitcroft abuse started at Northampton remember. I remember it well because I was stood in front of three muppets at it for about 80 minutes of the game, it does your head in listening to that constant negative drivel. DC has said in a few interviews now that he's a good manager up until he loses two games and then he's crap and he's right, some of us are too fickle. Won 7/8 in a row last season, won 6 out of the last 8 this season, there's a few around who need to hold their hands up instead of disappearing to try to save face. Again not you. 

Agreed. Although i do think there is a few also hoping the likes of Wilson fail miserably so they can say we should have kept pope. I really don’t understand it, we’re doing so well and have done since DC came in. 

Archived