onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

Covalan 6 The goal he maybe should have saved but it went in ,other than that he did everything else pretty OK to me .
Cass 5 struggled today usually passing is immense off it today but was always positive when received the ball .
Gibbons 6 not one of his better games found it hard get into the game first half second half we were on top and he did have one lung bursting run which was excellent .
Smith 7 nothing do really but what he did have do he did well .
Jones 7 a quiet one today but is quality is there for all to see .
Worrall 7.6 second half very good ,first half was getting in OK positions but not quite putting the right ball in .
Involved in second and third goals and was a constant menace second half .
Pett 8 did the lad give the ball away No in a answer his accurate passing was a feature of today he kept it simple and is a very good player .His ball to Politic excellent and his ball to Worrall for third goal highly impressive a very good cog in all things Vale .
Conlon 6 a OK performance from the lad but at times wasteful and not at the moment anywhere near his best in my opinion but no doubt about it has it in him to do great things .
Garrity 7.4 never stops constantly making runs creating space for others his work rates superb really like him and uses the ball well when he gets it .
Proctor 6 thought he was doing OK in terms of general play first half in fact I'd say he was Vale most likely first half but what do I know ,subbed at half time .
Wilson 8.5 really gave a very good account of himself especially second half he held the ball up he was positive and he had a go at goal OK straight at keeper but on another day it flies in .
When Vale played at the level where we upped it 2nd half Wilsons class shone along with in fairness most of the team.
Subs
Politic 9 my man of the match you do not score goals like that and not be deserving of at some point a whole game it was a pleasure to see such a goal like that and was worth the admission fee alone ,magnificent .
Martin 7 come on did very well made sure there was no repeat of last week's jitters.
Benning 8.9 looked like a man on a mission his goal was excellently taken also ,he added freshness ,a will to win,charging down that left hand side he was also most worthy of his goal also .
Crowd 6.5 need to do better,get behind the team at all times ,at times way too quiet and I constantly had a man behind me moaning about the lack of atmosphere and sadly he was right we have to step up too
Dc 8 what can you say a tactical masterclass
The good times are coming back time to start spreading the word .
UTV

Always interested to hear what the opposition fans made of it. Not much on their forum but this post seems to capture the general consensus:

"Probably the poorest performance of the season for me this.

We were lucky to be ahead at half time, and second half has been terrible. Not sure where this performance has come from but I wasn't convinced by the way we set up from the start.

All of that said, Port Vale look a good side and have played with an intensity that we have not come anywhere near to matching"

32 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Always interested to hear what the opposition fans made of it. Not much on their forum but this post seems to capture the general consensus:

"Probably the poorest performance of the season for me this.

We were lucky to be ahead at half time, and second half has been terrible. Not sure where this performance has come from but I wasn't convinced by the way we set up from the start.

All of that said, Port Vale look a good side and have played with an intensity that we have not come anywhere near to matching"

I also had a gander on their forum. Seemed a pretty fair bunch and a couple of them also felt My little pony should of received a straight red instead of a yellow.

Must be honest I'll go all Arsene Wenger here and say I didn't see it properly. Think he retaliated against Conlon. 

Another site I use there is now an anti Vale creeping in by a few Orient fans. Bless . 

Come on Doha that cant be right surely.....RZ told us he was a bully and how poor his man management was....we can ask him when he errrmmm next appears
I understand that he, and a number of other posters, are currently offline convalescing from knee replacement surgery

1 hour ago, bomber said:

To the few slagging off the goalie ! What about the defensive wall! very poor took there eye of the ball , should we have had a player lying down? We defend as a team the wall did not do there job.

I’m not a Lucas doubter, or massive fan at the moment.  What I would say was that at the time the free kick went in, it looked like the wall had been lined up wrong.  Either way, it didn’t do it’s job so having watched the replay I’ll give Covolan the benefit of the doubt and say he’d have seen, what was a very well hit shot, a bit too late to get enough on it.  I’ll also say he made a very brave save to prevent Gordon getting on the end of a low cross second half.  Swings and roundabouts.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

To the few slagging off the goalie ! What about the defensive wall! very poor took there eye of the ball , should we have had a player lying down? We defend as a team the wall did not do there job.

Either way the ball was straight at him. he should have saved it comfortably and there’s no getting away from that. 

This Covolan debate is getting ridiculous. Every time we concede a goal it's the same thing, even to the point where Stone has somehow gotten the moniker of 'steady Stone', despite keeping only 1 clean sheet. Teams concede goals, not just goalkeepers. Get off the guys back ffs.

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

This Covolan debate is getting ridiculous. Every time we concede a goal it's the same thing, even to the point where Stone has somehow gotten the moniker of 'steady Stone', despite keeping only 1 clean sheet. Teams concede goals, not just goalkeepers. Get off the guys back ffs.

I agree…but…he’s not beyond criticism. He should have saved it. And no point blaming the wall. The wall was protecting the other side of the goal. 

First Half-Non event.Second half-proof of how decent the squad is.Different class than last season.Wilson was outstanding with both forward play and closing down.No team to fear in this league.We will have off days but top 3 is not beyond us on the evidence so far.

Archived