onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Couple of changes possibly according to DC sat I hope jp is not one of them although it opens the door for one of them others be interesting see who.
Rodney's nowhere be seen
Lloyd admire his energy I'm not sure inthe air he can be much trouble .
Amoo is a good player I'm not sure he is the answer alongside Wilson though ithink he should just swop with Worrall or Gibbons in later stages of games .
Politic has good movement I'd go for him if JP or JW do not make it .
If both of them do not make not
Lloyd and Amoo again maybe Politic and Bailey
UTV

Back to the VFIA of old with that one 

Advert

I preferred the old server, it kept posts really well.  Whilst it was really reliable when 1st installed it has been slowing down for the last couple of seasons, I'm not too sure about this new one.  It's doing things that I've not seen any of our previous servers doing.  Like playing a high line and actually looking comfortable when coming and claiming crosses...............

I'll get me coat.

They look a decent side who (apart from when they went 4 at the back at Bradford) have employed a 3-4-1-2 formation away from home, similar to us. 

So, it could come down to personnel and I think we're better on paper. They've got Josh Gordon up top - who we were heavily linked with over the summer - and Remeao Hutton at RWB, who I liked a lot in a very poor Stevenage team last season. 

Should be an interesting game, I don't think they'll be coming here to shut up shop. Looking for Captain Conlon to put in a League One/Championship standard performance he is well capable of, after a couple of weeks of dropping down to League Two levels. 

I think based on previous games against Mark Cooper sides they tend to like doing a lot of passing across their back line and we have exploited them with a high press in the past. Regardless of formation or lineup I expect that is something DC is going to target tomorrow.

Even though the end of the last game wasn’t how we’d have wanted it we looked a really good side for large parts of that game and indeed have done for most of the season. Maintain those standards am certain we’ll get the three points tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to this one. Expecting a really decent game of football from both sides.

Don't expect personnel changes unless Proc is unfit. If so I think Politic would come in with a small tweak to 3421 formation.

3 points please for DC's promotion train to build up steam again.

10 minutes ago, robf said:

It will be interesting to see who comes in if Proctor is unfit. One from Rodney, Amoo, Lloyd or Politic?

I would guess Proc will be fit.  Didn’t look happy at being subbed on Saturday.  Just DC playing mind games in my opinion.

Speaking of Rodders, what’s the word on him?  “Personal” reasons mentioned for his unavailability last weekend.  Anyone heard anything to suggest he’s available this?

10 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Speaking of Rodders, what’s the word on him?  “Personal” reasons mentioned for his unavailability last weekend.  Anyone heard anything to suggest he’s available this?

I dunno... I do know you can normally trust the Interweb to make everything into a conspiracy!

I just wonder if DC kept the same squad together as it was winning. So, no conspiracy or "personal reasons" just that Rodney wasn't out of the squad and DC didn't think it was fair to drop anyone out to accommodate him while they were winning. 

20 minutes ago, robf said:

I dunno... I do know you can normally trust the Interweb to make everything into a conspiracy!

I just wonder if DC kept the same squad together as it was winning. So, no conspiracy or "personal reasons" just that Rodney wasn't out of the squad and DC didn't think it was fair to drop anyone out to accommodate him while they were winning. 

I can't believe that DC would even consider this if Rodders was fit, I think that if he wasn't starting he'd be a great impact sub.

13 hours ago, robf said:

He’s just become a dad. The Podcast mentioned it last week 

Archived