onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, Conrad said:

It’s been stated several times why Rodney is absent, it’s for personal reasons.

we don’t know what they are, maybe he has covid, maybe his mother has died, if everyone knew the reason it wouldn’t be personal.

He was sat in their main stand on Saturday with Hurst and Walker.

He came onto the pitch with Hurst to celebrate the Orient win so it won't be covid or illness related.

Advert

48 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He was sat in their main stand on Saturday with Hurst and Walker.

He came onto the pitch with Hurst to celebrate the Orient win so it won't be covid or illness related.

A usually reliable source said he has recently become a father.  So maybe just paternity leave. Unless it goes on for ages, not worth reading too much into these things.

10 hours ago, 1 said:

If we had an obvious first 11 then I’d agree with running it back with the same team on Sat, but since we have players just as capable sitting waiting on the bench / having decent cameos it makes sense to change it up. Gone are the days where we have to play underperforming players every game regardless because them playing ok is better than the best of the alternatives.

Politic and Worrall down the sides against Barrow, that sounds like a mismatch to me.

Do you want politic and Worrall playing against barrow?  If so would you drop Gibbo to get politic in or would you go 4 at the back? 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Do you want politic and Worrall playing against barrow?  If so would you drop Gibbo to get politic in or would you go 4 at the back? 

Cov

Cass Martin Smith Jones

Pett Conlon Walker (if not fit Taylor)

Worrall Proctor Politic

Not dropping anyone, rotating to prevent injuries: Garrity, Wilson, Gibbons.

Big game as they all are with Mansfield next who seem to mainly always achieve a good result against us it's imperative we win this game .
What I am picking up on at present is first half of games we are really impressive but second half we are either worn out through our first half high energy or that we have little to nothing give or what I suspect is we are told by management defend for the win.
It's hard argue with 5 out of last 7 won however I feel attack is the best form of defence ,keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible and give what you gave last 5 v Leyton Orient consistently over 90 .
Proctor is due a deserved match ball soon let's hope whatever he took him off last week for his not going effect his all round excellence
Team will be very interesting but knowing DC we will be unchanged from team that started last however many games
No problem with that as long asyou do not give a good side a leg up as its hard enough win football matches as it is without giving teams goals from not really great play more sloppiness on our part .
UTV

I don't like to come on here with posts that start 'I know someone who...' but I just have done so can only apologise  😂....

Barrow are worried about playing us, at the moment they are not a particularly fit / mobile side and a large pitch + our style of football really concerns them. If we were playing at their ground they would be more confident based on what they saw against Sutton, but we are an opposition that they are really not looking forward to coming up against.

Bottom line is we need to play to our strengths and expose their weaknesses on Saturday and if we do, we will get a good result.

On 11/10/2021 at 19:10, werstayinup said:

Barrow are another one of those horrible teams like Harrogate,Stevenage and Sutton so i think this could go either way,that first goal will be crucial again because i have to be honest i cant see these causing us the same trouble Sutton did if they go a goal down

I think you will find they are a very different team than that.

Mark Cooper has changed the squad significantly and is trying to play ‘football’. 

I posted the day before the Sutton game that we will drop points, it's inevitable, it's these games (versus Barrow) that will indicate where we are as a team. I don't think the back line will have needed a rollicking from Clarke to feel any worse and I think they will be desperate to amend the errors from last week.

There was a moment in the first half down the left where the Vale players were passing the ball around like they were playing 3 leagues higher. Our second goal was absolutely superb in the build up, players making space, knowing where they will make their run. But they scored and we panicked, an odd game looking back. 

Looking at Barrow's form, they've won 2 in their last 5, drew against Orient in their last game and it doesn't look like they've played/beaten anyone that will be up near the top come May. We should be beating these even on an average day. I haven't checked but I think we've had one of the hardest opening fixtures in the league. We've played every team in the top 7 spots (excluding us obviously)

Couple of changes possibly according to DC sat I hope jp is not one of them although it opens the door for one of them others be interesting see who.
Rodney's nowhere be seen
Lloyd admire his energy I'm not sure inthe air he can be much trouble .
Amoo is a good player I'm not sure he is the answer alongside Wilson though ithink he should just swop with Worrall or Gibbons in later stages of games .
Politic has good movement I'd go for him if JP or JW do not make it .
If both of them do not make not
Lloyd and Amoo again maybe Politic and Bailey
UTV

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Couple of changes possibly according to DC sat I hope jp is not one of them although it opens the door for one of them others be interesting see who.
Rodney's nowhere be seen
Lloyd admire his energy I'm not sure inthe air he can be much trouble .
Amoo is a good player I'm not sure he is the answer alongside Wilson though ithink he should just swop with Worrall or Gibbons in later stages of games .
Politic has good movement I'd go for him if JP or JW do not make it .
If both of them do not make not
Lloyd and Amoo again maybe Politic and Bailey
UTV

Bailey ? He's nowhere near the squad mate as good a prospect as he may well turn out. 

Archived