Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

31 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I'm driving down so there had better not be protesters on m25!🤞

Patel and Johnson seemed unimpressed with them the other day. Just drive over their toes , ouch. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Need a good start, as they'll no doubt be looking to make a fast one themselves. Thing is about this league especially, the quality between teams is very little. It's largely just about which side turns up on the day and has less players off their game. I think we have a better squad than they do, but if both teams put something like their best 11's out I don't think the difference will be really noticeable or anything.

I think it will be a tough game and a hard earned point. Hope the dreaded manager of the month curse doesn't strike!

Edited by Beech

Two sides who are doing well yet are both in the bottom four in terms of possession. Perhaps similar styles of play could cancel eachother out?

I think both sides would take a point right now, but i'm hoping our superior quality can get us another win to keep this run going.

2 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Two sides who are doing well yet are both in the bottom four in terms of possession. Perhaps similar styles of play could cancel eachother out?

I think both sides would take a point right now, but i'm hoping our superior quality can get us another win to keep this run going.

nowt but a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

They do have some tricky players though I think Olaofe is no longer with them. Among their more recognisable names are former Arsenal player Craig Eastmond (captain), Enzio Boldewijn (ex Crawley and Notts County) and, of course, our very own Richie Bennett. Amusingly, they also have a player called Harry Palmer, which should bring us to the attention of MI5 🙂 

Not a lot of people know that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

I think we are improving on the possession side of things. I think against Orient we had 51 or 52%. The area we need to improve in the most is the chances we get in the first half of the game. In nearly every game this season we have missed sitters, at times already 1-0 up to have put the game out of reach. And then the second half starts and we are on the back foot, not sure if to defend the lead or go on the offensive. I’m sure they are working on it though. 

1 hour ago, WV said:

A win would be massive today. 

As you say it certainly would be as we have a decent looking run of games coming up

We need to try and cement our place in the top 3 and then aim for top spot(a bit selfish but just thinking of my winnings 🙂 ),we could really do with Forest Green losing a couple as well

I still think today will be a lot tougher than some think

• Like 3

22 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Spot on. I saw Sutton a couple of times on BT Sport last season and they get men behind the ball and attack with pace on the break. 
I can also see it being a draw which would be a decent result. I believe the Quest EFL show is coming from there so I expect them to be bang up for this game. I hope we are too!

Providing we can match their workrate we may have a chance to sneak it by the odd goal.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
On 08/10/2021 at 10:47, onestepatatime said:
I'm driving down so there had better not be protesters on m25!emoji1696.png

Little traffic appeared to be going onto the M25 from M1 Friday afternoon.

shame were playing on sat then?☺️

For some reason I am more nervous about today than any other game this season. All the ingredients are there for us to go and win this one, maybe that’s the problem? These are promotion winning games, beating the less glamorous, hard working clubs. In God we trust, failing that, there’s always Darrell Clarke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Delgado said:

For some reason I am more nervous about today than any other game this season. All the ingredients are there for us to go and win this one, maybe that’s the problem? These are promotion winning games, beating the less glamorous, hard working clubs. In God we trust, failing that, there’s always Darrell Clarke. 

These are typically the games we come unstuck.

Part of me thinks that after winning 5 in a row that we're going to drop points sooner or later, but after that 9 game winning run last season I'm not sure any more!

We're a good side now.