Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Benning will only get up to speed  by playing league games.

Benning has played enough games to get somewhere up to speed and has for years been ever present so perhaps the shock of being benched might sharpen the focus and concentration.....bet there is a cracking left back in there but it's like the player hasn't got his Vale career started proper if you will and needs to give his head a wobble and bring his best game to the pitch.

26 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

The manager is still being very carefull with Gibbo who seems to just get 45 minutes likewise Walker is just back from injury and while both might play probably just 45 minutes.....and both played midweek so perhaps Taylor and Hurst could get game time....if as said Rodney has family/personal problems then perhaps George Lloyd might get a game with Amoo as super sub....just think the boss is being very cautious with Gibbo and Politic and as the stand out players in the cup game Taylor and Hurst must be knocking on the door while Benning still hasn't really got up to speed as yet.

Just had a quick look and Gibbos done a 30, 60, 70 and an 80 in the last 4 league games. Then 45 last night which I assume was to help him get more minutes under his belt. I don’t think that we are far away from him doing 90. He’s been one of the stand out players in those games he’s played in, It’s his shirt as far as I can tell and i don’t we should be dropping Gibbo based on hursts appearance last night. I also don’t think politic will come is as a starter, unless we go 4-4-2 where he goes on the left wing or 3-4-3 where he goes to the left of the central striker. Personally I see no need to change our starting formation unnecessarily yet because that starting 11 has played so well. 

Benning will only get up to speed  by playing league games.
He's played more than enough games so far. To accommodate him one of Jones, Gibbons or Worrall would have to be dropped. He's shown nowhere near the form of any of those so I can't see him getting back into the side barring injuries to 1 of the above 3. He's getting a much easier time on here than any other but less 'known' player would in the same circumstances. I'm just glad DC doesn't pick his teams based on reputation. He may get another chance and take it, but for now he'll have to bide his time. If someone came in with a cheeky bid in January with a view to stealing a march on the summer window, I'd take it myself
  • Like 1

PV1973....yeah probably right.......

.................................Covalan.........................

..................Cass........Smith.......Jones...........

Worrall.........Taylor....Pett....Conlon......Gibbo

......................Proctor........Rodney...................

Hurst/Walker/Amoo/Lloyd might get game time.

Even without Wilson and Garrity that looks a strong eleven and bench.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Burslem Academicals said:

So if Garrity and Wilson are a doubt then Taylor and Rodney would surely get games however with Benning still seemingly lacking form/fitness/confidence then could not Hurst get a game at left wing back after a great performance in the cup game.

It seems that infront of Covalan the back three picks itself with Cass/Smith/Jones at the moment and the workrate and mobility and crossing of Worrall and Hurst at wing back then with Pett holding and Conlon and Taylor as more attacking midfielders to complete the five man midfield....and the slide rule passes from Taylor should see Rodney in behind the defenders and Proctor on the end of some of those crosses.

Super Vale Away.

Benning is getting better. Walker might be an option if we want to bed in and stay solid, rather than going like for like in a BG replacement.

wilson a doubt?

Edited by 1

Posted (edited)

Same team that started against Orient as far as possible.

Walker in for Garrity and push Conlon forward, with Brad sitting in.

Its going to be a tough game and some steel in the middle might help us gain a foothold.

Edited by 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Why would you drop Gibbo for hurst? Don’t understand that at all. One of our best performers this last few weeks. 

I’d only drop him to protect him, but if he needed sheltering there’s no way DC would play him in a storm in the tinpot trophy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Gibbos done a 30, 60, 70 and an 80 in the last 4 league games. . 

He’s done 240 minutes 4 games straight?

man’s a machine.

35 minutes ago, 1 said:

He’s done 240 minutes 4 games straight?

man’s a machine.

Meaning that he’s clearly been built up to 90 mins over the last few games by the management. 

7 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Am I right in thinking this one is available on iFollow as its an international weekend?

I think it’s at the discretion of the home club.

Given we’ve sold our allocation there won’t be any impact on that income stream for Sutton so you would imagine it will be available.

I think it’s at the discretion of the home club.

Given we’ve sold our allocation there won’t be any impact on that income stream for Sutton so you would imagine it will be available.

It is available to purchase.

15 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

A word on their ticket prices. £25 to sit in a shed. Utterly disgusting and the biggest rip off I have seen given some home tickets are only £15. 

So stand behind the goal then at £20. I'm keen to know where you've seen seated tickets for £15.