onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

49 minutes ago, Beech said:

Still doesn't mean he must surely be better than Legge. I like them as a pair, but I feel we miss Legge more than we would Smith. Smith is neither quick or big, and I think both of those are important attributes for any defender, even more so at this level.

I didn’t say he was surely better than Legge. Simply pointing out that he is clearly worth his place in the team which you seem to doubt. 

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I didn’t say he was surely better than Legge. Simply pointing out that he is clearly worth his place in the team which you seem to doubt. 

Do I? He's our second best centre-back.

Just think he's pretty average, and is a better player when Legge is next to him.

1 hour ago, Beech said:

No, I wasn't. Because why would there be a thread about a Liverpool vs Brentford game here? But what that has got to do with Nathan Smith and the fact that I don't rate him as highly as others seem to in the first place, only you know, you strange little man.

On the premier League thread Tyler B seeing as you a big dipper supporter . 

19 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

On the premier League thread Tyler B seeing as you a big dipper supporter . 

Make a thread about what was a wonderful game of football between a world-class team and a team that are a credit to themselves, and I'll comment.

21 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Yes Saturday was a bad result from 2.0 and 3.2 up and yes we were shocking defensively but weren’t we saying a month ago we look solid at the back but can’t see where the goals are going come from how things change over a month 

True, but no point going away from home and scoring three if you're going to concede four. We seem to be able to look like a hard team to beat for a few games, extremely organised, but then suddenly look like a bunch of schoolboys for a game when we're put under any sort of real pressure. Not many teams try to play football in League Two and that's where we'll come unstuck, especially without Legge at the back. Won't be the last time we concede 3 or 4 this season unless we stop teams from putting in cross after cross.

42 minutes ago, Beech said:

True, but no point going away from home and scoring three if you're going to concede four. We seem to be able to look like a hard team to beat for a few games, extremely organised, but then suddenly look like a bunch of schoolboys for a game when we're put under any sort of real pressure. Not many teams try to play football in League Two and that's where we'll come unstuck, especially without Legge at the back. Won't be the last time we concede 3 or 4 this season unless we stop teams from putting in cross after cross.

2 of the goals were a wild deflection and a freak own goal. Both of Orient's goals were either a deflection or an own goal. It's a bit of bad luck after we had some good luck. All balances out.  

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

2 of the goals were a wild deflection and a freak own goal. Both of Orient's goals were either a deflection or an own goal. It's a bit of bad luck after we had some good luck. All balances out.  

Yeah, it was one of them games. But we still looked nowhere near there level at times in terms of sheer physicality, and height throughout the side. It was men against boys at times, no matter that we managed to play some lovely football in periods and were clearly on a different level to them technically. Without Legge at the back I always feel we'll get battered by teams who play in the style that they did, even if all of there goals did come with a large slice of luck.

Smith has played under five permanent managers at Vale and a couple of caretakers. He has played over 260 games since his debut just over five seasons ago. He has been nigh on ever present during that time. So either we’ve had some appalling managers whose judgment of a player was seriously flawed or the lad has been a very decent player at this level. 
Decent player I agree but can he part of a team who take us up 3 leagues .
I am not convinced he is .
However is a excellent mid table league player at our level ,let's hope he can along with the rest of this seasons squad delivera top 3 finish if so this love in with be justified if not maybe not
UTV

24 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

However is a excellent mid table league player at our level ,let's hope he can along with the rest of this seasons squad delivera top 3 finish if so this love in with be justified if not maybe not
UTV

When you say take us up three leagues are you suggesting that we should have anyone playing for us who could ply their trade in the EPL.? I’d suggest that none of our squad are capable of playing in the EPL, but definitely in L1. If we had a billionaire that purchased the club, how many of our current squad do you think they would keep, on our journey to the EPL. 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

UTV

How many of our current squad are good enough to play in the premier league then? 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

UTV

Realistically though how many of our current squad are good enough to play in the premier league then? It’s about using players to get you to a level and then rebuilding, whilst jettisoning those that can’t go the full journey.  Like the stages of a rocket as it goes up for want of a better analogy

Realistically though how many of our current squad are good enough to play in the premier league then? It’s about using players to get you to a level and then rebuilding, whilst jettisoning those that can’t go the full journey.  Like the stages of a rocket as it goes up for want of a better analogy
All of them if they believe
We already have a winning mentality stored into the players why can't they with encouragement from all supporters bound there way all the way up through the leagues .
ID say straight away Jamie Proctors a league one player he is most excellent ,Dan Jones has the ability be a top player those 75 yard balls are above league 2 level ,Garrity a goalscoring midfielder who looks after his body with what he puts in it,he is only going get better theres 3 straight away who could easily go into stokes team for example cause there all above there level in my opinion .
Worrall he as it aswell Politic has it I think Cass will have it also,Conlon has the quality play in the championship and Smith has it as sometimes his performances are above our level .
UTV

Archived