onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

A new ground for us in London. The L2 Form teams, both have won 4 out of their last 5 league games.  Either may have September Manager of the Month. Sutton having just won by 2 at the Cobblers and thumped Carlisle 4-0 at their last home game. Garrity a fitness doubt, will Taylor make a claim to start given the chance? Amoo in the running also? DC saw plenty of options in the storm last night to set him thinking. An unknown team for us, but I am sure the analysis will have been done. If it must be an injury time win, so be it, but I would prefer it to be settled to our advantage earlier than that.

Advert

Trickier assignment than it looked a couple of weeks ago but no reason we can't beat them with our form and confidence.

They have Bennett and Donovan Wilson up front so shouldn't be an aerial threat which we've tended to struggle more against this season defensively, a win here would really start showing credentials for a promotion campaign, I dont expect they will challenge come May and these are the type of games we need to get points from if we are to do well, its all good and well beating the top 5 but the mid table and bottom sides must be dispatched more often than not if we are to rack up a big points total come the end of the season.

As long as we go with the same mindset as we have recently then we should come back with something. Hopefully the injuries to Garrity and Wilson aren't too serious. I wonder if the reason Rodney wasn't risked last night was because Wilson is doubtful or ruled out. Garrity could be replaced by Taylor or Walker without too much disruption and same with Rodney for Wilson, but i am beginning to like the Proctor / Wilson partnership.

So if Garrity and Wilson are a doubt then Taylor and Rodney would surely get games however with Benning still seemingly lacking form/fitness/confidence then could not Hurst get a game at left wing back after a great performance in the cup game.

It seems that infront of Covalan the back three picks itself with Cass/Smith/Jones at the moment and the workrate and mobility and crossing of Worrall and Hurst at wing back then with Pett holding and Conlon and Taylor as more attacking midfielders to complete the five man midfield....and the slide rule passes from Taylor should see Rodney in behind the defenders and Proctor on the end of some of those crosses.

Super Vale Away.

This will be our toughest test as when you are winning the opposition will be Gunning for us make no bones  doubts about it more so .

Let's go there and do what we have being doing away all season ,playing with positivity and deservedly picking up points .

Team well who knows I mean the reserve side won last night has anyone forced there way in or at least got the manager thinking they be handy if need to turn a game around .

Think we can watch this on ifollow so will be tuning in on sat to see how the action plays out .

Love Garrity be a shame If  he is out he is our magic man and Wilson scored a couple of lovely goals lately but more importantly is general play  is top notch as he gets used to his teammates but we have a very good squad now so use the players required to do the  job .

Can Taylor do the job for 90 plus minutes or is Walker going get the nod or should we just go for it and put Amoo in a three with Proctor and another either Politic or Rodney if Wilson doesn't make it .

I'm sure DC will choose the right 11 and we will have a go and thats all we want as supporters .

We have a club be proud of just hope next home game the gate reflects that UTV 

Garrity will be a big loss but this is now an opportunity for Jake Taylor. He's not a bad replacement is he . Certainly an upgrade on the likes of Callum Evans in recent times. 

I hope we are respectful to Bennett. I personally didn't think he was Harry Kane but neither was he as bad as some made out on here . He was ok nothing more nothing less , some couldn't accept he kept you know who out of the team but at the time it was on merit. 

Looking forward to ticking off a new ground and hopefully continue our good run of form. 

38 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Garrity will be a big loss but this is now an opportunity for Jake Taylor. He's not a bad replacement is he . Certainly an upgrade on the likes of Callum Evans in recent times. 

I hope we are respectful to Bennett. I personally didn't think he was Harry Kane but neither was he as bad as some made out on here . He was ok nothing more nothing less , some couldn't accept he kept you know who out of the team but at the time it was on merit. 

Looking forward to ticking off a new ground and hopefully continue our good run of form. 

I liked Bennett I have to be honest and was surprised and disappointed when he left.

He scored a few goals for us, the odd cracker, just seemed to struggle in the system away from home but no more so than Cullen in that aspect.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Why would you drop Gibbo for hurst? Don’t understand that at all. One of our best performers this last few weeks. 

The manager is still being very carefull with Gibbo who seems to just get 45 minutes likewise Walker is just back from injury and while both might play probably just 45 minutes.....and both played midweek so perhaps Taylor and Hurst could get game time....if as said Rodney has family/personal problems then perhaps George Lloyd might get a game with Amoo as super sub....just think the boss is being very cautious with Gibbo and Politic and as the stand out players in the cup game Taylor and Hurst must be knocking on the door while Benning still hasn't really got up to speed as yet.

Archived