onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Big Jamie Proctor

Beech

Think he deserves his own thread and a bit of praise. 5 in 10 in the league. 6 in 11 overall. You can't argue with that. It's already his highest scoring season for 4 or 5 years. He misses a few sitters but then again, the rest of his game is that good generally that if he didn't he wouldn't be playing for us in League Two, I suppose. Love his attitude, effort and his overall team play. Him and Wilson seem to be going from strength to strength together. I do like having a goal poacher in the team, and neither are that, but at the moment they look the real deal for us as a partnership, and long may that continue.

Advert

He's always in great positions. Very intelligent forward, typified by his header across goal for Wilson's goal. He has a great touch, good feet, is handy in the air, and is mobile enough to run channels. 

A top signing and, as people have alluded to, he could have double his tally.

10 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

That winner was vital, not only for the result but for Proctor himself, having missed those earlier 2 chances, which looked like costing us all 3 points.  Full credit to the guy.  Tremendous finish, as was our equaliser.

Play another 10 games together, then really click with Wilson

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

A few actually knocked his signing because of his goals record but i think he has been excellent for us so far... did he only sign a 12mth deal in the summer ?

1 year plus an  option,  could put him in a stronger position.

Fantastic player ever since the first time saw the lad v Sunderland a very impressive all round footballer .

He scores different types of goals he is always involved and he is unselfish, must he a great team player play with really really like him he is a top player he is what we have needed for years .

Hope he is going get a lot more goals for us but even if he doesn't he adds so much more than goals .

LIKE ALL THE signings they have quality to offer but more important for me are wholehearted.and giving it there all gamely .

UTV 

After signing the likes of Benning and Pett at the start of the season, if someone told me that Proctor and Garrity would look the best of our summer signings after ten games I would have told them to seek help.

Proving to be a very big player for us! 6 goals already and if we can get him to 15+ then i think he’s a great signing. he does a lot of the ugly work and links up well with players. always involved. my only worry is if he picked up a niggle that we haven’t got a striker of the same mould on the bench that can hold the ball up like him and be that focal point. Also would like to mention that i’m starting to really like Wilson. maybe he’s a confidence player that just needs a arm around him and to realise that although he’s a striker he shouldn’t just be judged on goals. we really do look a better team than last season for sure 

Archived