Score board

rsb

Posted (edited)

A new scoreboard would be great the one we have is pretty redundant really.

Slightly off topic but whilst we are on about ground improvements, I would love to see railway standing in the Bycars. Its not very steep, I think it could really improve view helping to increase the attendance in this area generating a better atmosphere in the ground as a whole .... sorry to the fans who like the seat in the Bycars😀

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Carol reckons that to put everything right that's wrong with the ground will cost about £20 million!  We may have to be patient!

It wouldn’t surprise me. Although for 20 million I’d expect a whole new railway and Bycars for that! 

6 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

What happened to the alphabetical scoreboard at the Hamil end of the Lorne Street Terrace? Without a programme you could not crack the code.

I'd forgotten about that. We'd also need the old chap that put the scores up - he must be about 150 by now. 🙂

What happened to the alphabetical scoreboard at the Hamil end of the Lorne Street Terrace? Without a programme you could not crack the code.
Spent many a half time trying to crack that code, can't recall it being at the Hamil end of the Lorne st terrace - can remember it at the top of the old Hamil end.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Birches Head Fred said:
7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Spent many a half time trying to crack that code, can't recall it being at the Hamil end of the Lorne st terrace - can remember it at the top of the old Hamil end.

Remember it being mounted on a wall, you are right I think, that corner is a bit vague in my mind.

Didn't It used to sit on steel legs high at the back of Hamil End, Lorne Street side, on the embankment.

The away team score would be lowered in on a metal square plate first followed by the home team sitting above it.

Does anyone know of any photographs in which it is featured.?

• Like 1

Didn't It used to sit on steel legs high at the back of Hamil End, Lorne Street side, on the embankment.
The away team score would be lowered in on a metal square plate first followed by the home team sitting above it.
I've seen a photo on the Stokinel but don't know how to download/upload it.

7 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:
On 09/10/2021 at 01:47, andy jones said:

I've seen a photo on the Stokinel but don't know how to download/upload it.

This the one

1E20B2D6-E456-446D-A314-B351523811B1.png

Edited by Conrad

On 05/10/2021 at 14:55, Fosse69 said:

Definitely bring this back.

Ban mobile phones from the ground, sell more programmes, sorted - new revenue stream.

while we’re at it, stop the clock over the tunnel and remove that new fangled thing hanging from the Hamil roof, infact, remove the roof and store slag there - roof’s too good for them away fans. Also, since we want standing, reinstate the supporters swapping ends at half time.

On 05/10/2021 at 14:55, Fosse69 said:

Definitely bring this back.

Ban mobile phones from the ground, sell more programmes, sorted - new revenue stream.

while we’re at it, stop the clock over the tunnel and remove that new fangled thing hanging from the Hamil roof, infact, remove the roof and store slag there - roof’s too good for them away fans. Also, since we want standing, reinstate the supporters swapping ends at half time.