onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Score board

rsb

On 04/10/2021 at 08:49, Santa said:

Anything overly complicated like trying to show the time in seconds and the scoreboard crashes unfortunately. 

That’s why we can’t have the potato men, they’re too intense.  That and, allegedly, the EFL banned them for potentially inciting crowd disorder.  No reason why we shouldn’t have the Ambulance though, or any of those other iconic cartoon graphics.

Advert

44 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Absolutely. Although it has always been poor by the standards of modern grounds. So much has been done but if we are being honest, only a costly rebuild may address them for good. 

Although I do always chuckle at a 1998 football ground guide that states “Vale Park is a ground fit for the premiership”. 

Carol reckons that to put everything right that's wrong with the ground will cost about £20 million!  We may have to be patient!

A new scoreboard would be great the one we have is pretty redundant really.

Slightly off topic but whilst we are on about ground improvements, I would love to see railway standing in the Bycars. Its not very steep, I think it could really improve view helping to increase the attendance in this area generating a better atmosphere in the ground as a whole .... sorry to the fans who like the seat in the Bycars😀

6 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

What happened to the alphabetical scoreboard at the Hamil end of the Lorne Street Terrace? Without a programme you could not crack the code.

I'd forgotten about that. We'd also need the old chap that put the scores up - he must be about 150 by now. 🙂

1 minute ago, Birches Head Fred said:
7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
What happened to the alphabetical scoreboard at the Hamil end of the Lorne Street Terrace? Without a programme you could not crack the code.

Spent many a half time trying to crack that code, can't recall it being at the Hamil end of the Lorne st terrace - can remember it at the top of the old Hamil end.

Remember it being mounted on a wall, you are right I think, that corner is a bit vague in my mind.

Didn't It used to sit on steel legs high at the back of Hamil End, Lorne Street side, on the embankment.

The away team score would be lowered in on a metal square plate first followed by the home team sitting above it.

Does anyone know of any photographs in which it is featured.?

Didn't It used to sit on steel legs high at the back of Hamil End, Lorne Street side, on the embankment.
The away team score would be lowered in on a metal square plate first followed by the home team sitting above it.
I've seen a photo on the Stokinel but don't know how to download/upload it.

7 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:
On 09/10/2021 at 01:47, andy jones said:

I've seen a photo on the Stokinel but don't know how to download/upload it.

This the one

1E20B2D6-E456-446D-A314-B351523811B1.png

Archived