onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Score board

rsb

Anybody know why the teams are not put on the Scoreboard before the kickoff also half time scores as the person that did the scoreboard left and taken the disc with them only asking because the tannoy is so norman collier ln the bycars 

Advert

I wondered this myself, the score board doesn’t seem as good as in the past, they used to put the goal scorers names up, and the substitutions as you say, you can’t tell a word that comes over the tannoy in the Bycars, you can’t even hear the glad all over goal music, I just clap when those in the Railway clap.

52 minutes ago, rsb said:

Anybody know why the teams are not put on the Scoreboard before the kickoff also half time scores as the person that did the scoreboard left and taken the disc with them only asking because the tannoy is so norman collier ln the bycars 

Don't mention the Tannoy, it's on the list of to do things hopefully ⚠️🤔, keep believing our golden year 👍💯% 🥇🏆

1 minute ago, rob1983 said:

Health and safety risk in the bycars

We said exactly the same thing in there on Saturday, great work been done by Carol with improvements all over on and off the pitch but this is something that needs to be sorted urgently.  I don't know what the costs are to sort but really needs addressing.

I remember reading somewhere that the scoreboard uses some ancient, no longer supported software which may explain why it's tricky to do too much on it. I guess, though not a high priority it would be good to upgrade it to a more modern one at some time.

Having been in the family section a few times, I'd agree with the Bycars tannoy though - I'm sure there's loads of things on the list of improvements but I would argue that one is pretty important (more important than the scoreboard as fans need to be able to hear any urgent announcements) and needs sorting. 

I guess the scoreboard is also a revenue generator as well as an information provider.

If you did upgrade the scoreboard then I think you'd need two to allow everyone to see them

- perhaps one in the corner of Bycars/Lorne (that allows the Railway / away end to see)

- another in the corner of Hamil/Railway (which would allow the Lorne/Bycars to see)

If you did that then you can charge companies more to have their message displayed on two, larger, more visible screens. And if they allow videos to be played you can charge more for them rather than a simple static advert. I suppose one factor would be if there's the appetite among companies to want to display on the big screens. 

Even if there was, I still guess it would take a fair old time for the advertising money to cover the installation/operating costs so it's going to be a lower priority on the list of things. 

For all the brilliant stuff that's gone on, there's still issues to address regarding the 'bread and butter' of match days.

Tickets, toilets, tannoys, turnstiles. 

We're winning the league at a canter so it's not the most important thing, but they need sorting at some point.

18 hours ago, dishydave said:

The parts are obsolete now so there's not much they can do. I think a nice new one in the corner between bycars and the accessibility stand would look good but I think the money could be better spent elsewhere for now

Always felt the gap between Lorne Street and away end was good shout. Mainly because it would fill that corner in nicely. I remember a few years back when Stoke were flogging off their old one. It would have looked so good there. 

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

For all the brilliant stuff that's gone on, there's still issues to address regarding the 'bread and butter' of match days.

Tickets, toilets, tannoys, turnstiles. 

We're winning the league at a canter so it's not the most important thing, but they need sorting at some point.

Absolutely. Although it has always been poor by the standards of modern grounds. So much has been done but if we are being honest, only a costly rebuild may address them for good. 

Although I do always chuckle at a 1998 football ground guide that states “Vale Park is a ground fit for the premiership”. 

Archived