onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G2 Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

Advert

Decent game in shocking conditions. Thought Jake Taylor did very well especially after being booked in the first minute of the game. There was times 2nd half when he was controlling the flow of the game & played a couple of delightful slide rule balls in behind the full back. Young lad Jones was steady, a decent debut. Cass also did well after coming on at half time. Unbelievable challenge when last man last 15 mins.

Couple of disappointing performances, Johnson looked poor at centre half. Misjudged about 4 or 5 long balls/goal kicks & just headed thin air. Also misplaced a few through balls. I'm still waiting for Benning to do something as well. Should have scored from a yard out 2nd half when Amoo stuck it on plate & just thought his overall game was very average. Never seems to maroude forward like Gibbo. Just runs a few yards then checks back every single time. He adds nothing.

5 wins on the spin in all competitions & 6 from 7. Great time to be a Vale fan. Looking forward to a big game on Saturday!

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Had my ticket but come down with a bad cold. Was concerned in case it was  something more serious but wife informs me I'm ok as its not man flu.

Get well soon . And come down to the vale . That will make you feel better. 

Decent game in shocking conditions. Thought Jake Taylor did very well especially after being booked in the first minute of the game. There was times 2nd half when he was controlling the flow of the game & played a couple of delightful slide rule balls in behind the full back. Young lad Jones was steady, a decent debut. Cass also did well after coming on at half time. Unbelievable challenge when last man last 15 mins.
Couple of disappointing performances, Johnson looked poor at centre half. Misjudged about 4 or 5 long balls/goal kicks & just headed thin air. Also misplaced a few through balls. I'm still waiting for Benning to do something as well. Should have scored from a yard out 2nd half when Amoo stuck it on plate & just thought his overall game was very average. Never seems to maroude forward like Gibbo. Just runs a few yards then checks back every single time. He adds nothing.
5 wins on the spin in all competitions & 6 from 7. Great time to be a Vale fan. Looking forward to a big game on Saturday!
Funny how 2 people can watch the same game and see things completely opposite to one another. I thought Johnson played well personally. Always looking for a pass out from the back and rarely misplaced it. Also made a goal saving challenge

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Funny how 2 people can watch the same game and see things completely opposite to one another. I thought Johnson played well personally. Always looking for a pass out from the back and rarely misplaced it. Also made a goal saving challenge

He won absolutely nothing in the air & more worryingly was missing the flight of the ball completely. Some tidy passes across the back 3 but he didn't impress me tonight. Conditions won't have helped with rain & swirling wind but he didn't stake a claim for me. Glad he got 90 minutes though which can only help him.

He won absolutely nothing in the air & more worryingly was missing the flight of the ball completely. Some tidy passes across the back 3 but he didn't impress me tonight. Conditions won't have helped with rain & swirling wind but he didn't stake a claim for me. Glad he got 90 minutes though which can only help him.
Johnson had a good game

That was the most appalling weather I've seen at Vale for ages.  When we left the car to get into the ground the area around the gate through from the Synectics car park was deep under water.  Had to paddle through it so spent the game with wet feet!  I was impressed that both teams did their best to play proper football in those conditions - no hoofing it.  Vale were the better team and had the better chances but I felt sorry for those 52 Rochdale fans at the end.

I thought Hurst had the beating of their full backs but his final ball was inconsistent.

Johnson had an ok game but was not outstanding. Our aerial threat was generally weak.

Amoo frustrates me with his finishing and some of his decision making.

Taylor was good overall. Lloyd will need to develop more. 
Politic, in and out of the game.

Overall, treacherous conditions, another win, money banked and confidence stays high.

6 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

I thought Johnson had a poor game for the same reasons, also his distribution was not good, Credit to the guy though for the tremendous challenge in the box that thwarted what looked like a clear chance. I'll give the guy a pass though for tonight 'cause they looked awful conditions in which to judge the flight of the ball.

Agree on Jake Taylor to, most of the quality play went through him and he produced some lovely passes, one through ball into the box to create a chance was sublime. Always made himself available and motioning to colleagues where to pass the ball, can't tell on iFollow if he's verbal or not.

Archived