onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G2 Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

Advert

Shout out to Ellis Jones who didn't look out of place at all playing men's football in vile conditions. Im wondering whether hes been brought in with the potential Garrity absence in mind. Certainly seems a very similar type player. Also Hurst, who got some lovely balls in 2nd half. No bad performances overall.

Enjoyed that for the most part. One of the more entertaining nearly nil nils I've seen for a while.

Missed loads of chances with no one willing to commit in the box and put it away but really tenacious, never say die performance, which reaped its due reward. A lot of positives - Gibbo and Walker come through unscathed, Taylor getting up to speed and promising debut from Ellis Jones in midfield who showed plenty of composure and confidence for a 17 year old. Plus Hurst getting loads of crossing practice and Politic showing why he's going to be a great asset to us this season. Great team effort in terrible conditions to reward a 1700 crowd of diehards - bet nobody left early!

Onwards now to a tricky fixture at the attack-minded Sutton.

It was certainly an entertaining game. Lloyd put in a lot of work but isn't a "fox in the box" type. We missed not having the likes of Proctor, Wilson, Rodney up there when there was cross after cross (though fair play they don't need to play in this competition) coming in.

I thought Hurst grew into the game and put in a succession of good balls which on another day would have resulted in goals. Jake Taylor looks back to his old self and it was a real positive that he and Politic both managed 90 mins. 

I thought teenager Ellis Jones didn't look out of place and had a couple of good runs - that experience will probably do him the world of good. Similarly, Amos had a good debut and could have been the matchwinner but for the woodwork. He fitted in well in the back three.

Johnson had a quiet start but made two vital blocks. Benning missed an absolute sitter but he also looked more composed in this game and was a threat on the left.

So, all in all, I think Darrell Clarke will take a load of positives from that. With the first choice strike force we may have had a hatful. I think DC will be delighted to see the likes of Taylor, Politic, Amoo all complete 90 mins and for the likes of Hurst to push his claims. I definitely think there were more positives than negatives to take from that game. 

28 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Liked the look of Jones. Shame for him were so good in midfield, if he'd come through in the Tounge/Pugh season he'd probably get a start this weekend!

At 60 I'd have got a start before that pair of has beens! 

Another game and another win.
It felt like neither team wanted to score but in the end the own goal sealed it.

Very strange after the game when the steward refused to open the gate at the bottom in between the paddock and bycars. Meaning fans had to climb back up the steps and walk to the other end of the stand.

41 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Shout out to Ellis Jones who didn't look out of place at all playing men's football in vile conditions. Im wondering whether hes been brought in with the potential Garrity absence in mind. Certainly seems a very similar type player. Also Hurst, who got some lovely balls in 2nd half. No bad performances overall.

Enjoyed that for the most part. One of the more entertaining nearly nil nils I've seen for a while.

Did you leave early?

Enjoyed the game, some decent performances out there and while it might not matter to some, that goal was worth £10,000 and hopefully another win at home to Liverpool, this could pay for a new signing in January.  I presume if Rochdale won at home to Bolton and we beat Liverpool, it will come down to goal difference so a big win might be needed in the next game as Liverpool lost both games heavily.

Archived