onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G2 Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

Advert

Does anyone know why tickets aren't available online for this game? I was going to come with my father but we simply do not have time to travel and get him a ticket before a 7pm KO. 

The only article that I can find on tickets doesn't mention any changes to purchasing tickets and they were available for the league cup game which had similar stand closures etc. 

Had we known that they weren't available online I could have got him one when I collected my free one with last years season ticket. 

I can never remember what the rules are for how many of the last game's squad you have to play in this one.

For me, I'd start everyone on the bench from Saturday and perhaps keep Smith/Cass and Pett to plug holes in defence and midfield.

Something like:

Stone

Cass Martin Johnson Benning

Amoo Pett Taylor Politic

Lloyd Rodney

That's got nine members of the last league squad in it. I'd then have the likes of Hurst, Amos, Bailey on the bench with the likes of Proctor, Wilson, Worrall and Conlon all safely away on the sidelines with no chance of picking up a knock.

18 minutes ago, robf said:

I can never remember what the rules are for how many of the last game's squad you have to play in this one.

For me, I'd start everyone on the bench from Saturday and perhaps keep Smith/Cass and Pett to plug holes in defence and midfield.

Something like:

Stone

Cass Martin Johnson Benning

Amoo Pett Taylor Politic

Lloyd Rodney

That's got nine members of the last league squad in it. I'd then have the likes of Hurst, Amos, Bailey on the bench with the likes of Proctor, Wilson, Worrall and Conlon all safely away on the sidelines with no chance of picking up a knock.

Totally agree Rob, perfect opportunity to get some game time into the fringe players. What about Hurst and Leon , where are they at ?

5 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Totally agree Rob, perfect opportunity to get some game time into the fringe players. What about Hurst and Leon , where are they at ?

Sure Hurst is fit , he was on the video running on the pitch with Rodney at the final whistle on Saturday. 

Legge was injured at Stevenage August 21st. Said 3 months job so be amazed to see him back before December . 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hurst get some minutes. 

After being so cautious with Politic, it would be decidedly odd to suddenly give him 90 minutes now. So, I would reckon you either start with him and bring Hurst on to replace him or you start with Hurst and bring Politic on in the second-half. I think it will depend on how many minutes DC reckons Politic can last. 

It would be awful if Politic pulled up in a nothing FLT game because Vale rushed him so I do think they will continue to be super cautious with him. It's a long season.

Even if we play a largely second team, we can still look a good side. Politic and Amoo can hurt any team and I expect both to start. Hopefully Rodney can get a goal and a bit of confidence too. We owe Rochdale a beating. They've dropped quite a lot since that 2-3 home loss to them.

Guest Vale at home
13 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Can imagine Rochdale will also field a weakened team too.

13 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Can imagine Rochdale will also field a weakened team too.

Yes . I think they will too . 

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Change as many players as possible, not interested in this competition, especially with us doing so well in the league. Need to keep as many fit as possible. 

I agree about this competition but a wins a win i guess,although i would like to see us progress in the FA cup

Archived