Ten games

18 points from 10 games is a great start. Especially with the fixtures we've had. Just a reminder though, that after 10 games last season, we were on 19 points!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Brilliant win today that will live long in the memory. UTV

• Like 1

18 points from 10 games is a great start. Especially with the fixtures we've had. Just a reminder though, that after 10 games last season, we were on 19 points!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Brilliant win today that will live long in the memory. UTV
Last season, it was the Tranmere game that broke our season.

Great start but last season we were doing this well and the wheels fell off . One game at a time and trust the process.

Last season all the stats suggested we were lucky at the start and that it wasn’t going to last. This season the stats suggest we are outplaying most teams we play and should actually be higher. Hopefully it lasts!
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

We then lost the next five on the trot so just need to draw 2 of the next 5 to get ahead again. !!!

• Like 1

I've mentioned "let's see where we are after 10 games" a few times on threads this season.

Trying not to get carried away with wins, and not be too despondent with losses.

But now we've hit 10 games I'm finding it so hard to think we won't be up there at the end of the season!

It's the hope that kills you!

Next x11 League  games......

Sutton [A]

Barrow [H]

Mansfield [A]

Colchester [H]

Crawley  [A]

Bradford [H]

Oldham [A]

Warsaw  [H]

Hartlepool [H]

Bristol R [A]

Newport [A]

Maintain anything LIKE the current form and I can see a great points return v this lot........

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

We then lost the next five on the trot so just need to draw 2 of the next 5 to get ahead again. !!!

We had just won 3 on the spin & then got beat by Kings Lynn in the Cup, which was quickly followed by the Tranmere debacle. Our next win didn't come until the random 6-3 win at Bolton!

Crazy times when you think back. Let's hope we can continue our good form this time around.

Next week will be a real test, Sutton have found their own form along with ourselves & sit in the top 2 in the form table. We have a potential Garrity injury & Wilson looked like he'd picked up a knock as well. Thought Taylor did well when he came on, carried the ball well & looked much fitter. Amoo also did well & caused a nuisance. Special mention though for Politic, thought he looked razor sharp in the 7 mins he was on the pitch!

Hopefully a good run out for those who haven't featured so much on Tuesday night & then a full week to prep for another big game at Sutton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wrex said:

If this is the slow start that Clarke foreshadowed then this will be a very special season indeed

Oh god I had forgotten how some people lost their marbles because DC said he sometimes started slow 😂😂😂

Someone on here started trying to tell us that it gave the opposition the impetus and our lads would just not try!

baaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

36 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

2 points per game will promote us, we are 2 short at present, FGR have 3 in hand. Check at Xmas.

In a tight league like ours where almost every team is capable of beating every other, it's always less than that. Last time we went up we finished on 78pts. Last two completed seasons 79pts has been enough for automatic. 85pts is the most that's been required for 3rd going back a decade, and it's usually less than that. We're currently on track for 83pts, Cheltenham won the league last year with 82.

First 10-game checkpoint reached, now I look at it as 6 lots of 6 games to go. Get 11pts (3W 2D 1L) from each set of 6 and we'll be up. Looking at the next 12 games, and given our current form, that feels very doable. I would certainly be more than shocked if this squad, under this management, were to only get 3pts from the next 6 games like we did last season. Not saying it can't happen, it just feels really unlikely. 

Also, if it does continue to go well, and at the risk of getting ahead of ourselves, can we all get 'Trust the Pruhcess' t-shirts made for Exeter away?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

Sutton [A]

Barrow [H]

Mansfield [A]

Colchester [H]

Crawley  [A]

Bradford [H]

Oldham [A]

Warsaw  [H]

Hartlepool [H]

Bristol R [A]

Newport [A]

Maintain anything LIKE the current form and I can see a great points return v this lot........

I get 18 points from the above (glass half full)

Rampant Zebra will go for 5 points so let's see...😇

These next ten will tell all. A lot of teams further down the league, a lot more 6 pointers. Got to go to teams that have been steady at home, starting with Sutton who smashed Carlisle even though we struggled to break them down. Stemming the injuries is a must. We need Walker and Legge back to give us that extra depth, and hopefully Garrity is fine. 

9 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

Sutton [A]

Barrow [H]

Mansfield [A]

Colchester [H]

Crawley  [A]

Bradford [H]

Oldham [A]

Warsaw  [H]

Hartlepool [H]

Bristol R [A]

Newport [A]

I fancy us against Warsaw, as they’ve lost half their league games this season. If you mean Legia that is.

Is the DEFENCE better than last season? YES

Is the MIDFIELD better than last season? YES

Are the FORWARDS better than last season? YES

Is the squad better than last season? YES

Do we play better football than last season? YES

A good start but thats all it is.

Eventually one team will figure out how to play us, the rest of the league will then follow suit. When it happens we will have a run of games struggling to break teams down it will be down to DC to find another way, however I have every faith in him he will do it when necessary.

For the 1st time in a very long time we have a manager who is not afraid to mix it up which is why I think we will be up there at the end of the season.

• Like 1

The squad as a whole looks massively stronger than last season in my view. If only because some of the supposed lesser names have really excelled. Injuries battered us last year but hopefully a) we’ll have fewer injuries, and b) we’ll be better equipped if they happen.  All teams need a bit of luck on that score.

You can see from results so far that we can compete at the very top end, and that’s whilst juggling with a couple of injuries and the suspension of Rodders.

I’d still like to see some of the better chances we create being tucked away, to boost the goals for column if nothing else, but if we’re winning games that’s all that really matters.

2 hours ago, 1 said:

I fancy us against Warsaw, as they’ve lost half their league games this season. If you mean Legia that is.

Promotion is possible, qualifying for Europe is a bit harder.