Colchester [H]

Crawley  [A]

Bradford [H]

Oldham [A]

Warsaw  [H]

Hartlepool [H]

Bristol R [A]

Newport [A]

Maintain anything LIKE the current form and I can see a great points return v this lot........

I get 18 points from the above (glass half full)

Rampant Zebra will go for 5 points so let's see...😇

Advert

These next ten will tell all. A lot of teams further down the league, a lot more 6 pointers. Got to go to teams that have been steady at home, starting with Sutton who smashed Carlisle even though we struggled to break them down. Stemming the injuries is a must. We need Walker and Legge back to give us that extra depth, and hopefully Garrity is fine. 

9 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

Next x11 League  games......

Sutton [A]

Barrow [H]

Mansfield [A]

Colchester [H]

Crawley  [A]

Bradford [H]

Oldham [A]

Warsaw  [H]

Hartlepool [H]

Bristol R [A]

Newport [A]

Maintain anything LIKE the current form and I can see a great points return v this lot........

I fancy us against Warsaw, as they’ve lost half their league games this season. If you mean Legia that is.

Is the DEFENCE better than last season? YES

Is the MIDFIELD better than last season? YES

Are the FORWARDS better than last season? YES

Is the squad better than last season? YES

Do we play better football than last season? YES

A good start but thats all it is.

Eventually one team will figure out how to play us, the rest of the league will then follow suit. When it happens we will have a run of games struggling to break teams down it will be down to DC to find another way, however I have every faith in him he will do it when necessary.

For the 1st time in a very long time we have a manager who is not afraid to mix it up which is why I think we will be up there at the end of the season.

The squad as a whole looks massively stronger than last season in my view. If only because some of the supposed lesser names have really excelled. Injuries battered us last year but hopefully a) we’ll have fewer injuries, and b) we’ll be better equipped if they happen.  All teams need a bit of luck on that score.

You can see from results so far that we can compete at the very top end, and that’s whilst juggling with a couple of injuries and the suspension of Rodders.

I’d still like to see some of the better chances we create being tucked away, to boost the goals for column if nothing else, but if we’re winning games that’s all that really matters.

I think the plus side is and Kenny Jackett mentioned it after the game, we’ve got problems for teams all over the pitch and on the bench. Injuries shouldn’t kill us this year.

That Tranmere game killed us at game 11… hopefully this year is doing the miracle injury time turn around really pushes us on in the opposite way.

All the time I have been watching Vale I've seen plenty of promotions, but I've never seen us win a championship. The last time was in 1958-59 when they won the inaugural 4th Division title; I was two years old.

I'd like to think we'll see another one this season. 

Absolutely NOT BOTHERED about the championship......purely and simply get us into 1st 2nd or 3rd.....

Get out of this cesspit league....even Burton, Crewe, Shrewsbury, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Accrington et al are above us.

I'll be at Sutton next week....but don't want to be at yet another poxy ground.

Just get up Vale

Just bloody get up there....and goodbye to the horrible little dross clubs

Absolutely NOT BOTHERED about the championship......purely and simply get us into 1st 2nd or 3rd.....
Get out of this cesspit league....even Burton, Crewe, Shrewsbury, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Accrington et al are above us.
I'll be at Sutton next week....but don't want to be at yet another poxy ground.
Just get up Vale
Just bloody get up there....and goodbye to the horrible little dross clubs
Of course promotion is essential, but "We are the Champions" ringing out at Vale Park? Game at a time though, let's see what happens.

Archived