onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

On 27/09/2021 at 18:59, 1 said:

Beaten by Harrogate at home and played a load of do-nothing also-rans. This is their first test against a top 7 side, but it’s not ours and we’ve slapped the heads off some already. They are the underdogs.

Wow. They have played Newport,Bradford,Carlisle,Exeter & Salford all teams expected to be in and around top 7 -  hardly do-nothing also rans after 9 games. 

If we had them fixtures we would say what a tough start to the season.

7 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Nippy mobile striker , not really Leons strength.  Traditional bruiser of a forward then meat and drink to Leon especially if its an aerial battle.

Totally agree. He is vulnerable to pace and certainly isn’t irreplaceable. However I would never write him off. 

I'm with DC on taking it game by game.

I've read a few posts where people might just be starting to get carried away. 

We have a very good squad. How someone with Politic's reputation can't get a game yet should frighten the rest of the league. I wouldn't have minded releasing Amoo last season but, like with Legge, I hold my hand up and say fair play because he's come back extremely fit and raring to go with a class appearance at Bolton. Then there's Rodney who's a rapid battering ram let down by his decision making and situational awareness. Mental attributes like that can be worked on day in day out. 

The likes of Conlon and Worrall would walk into the first teams of any other club in this league with ease. 

Proctor/Wilson has early signs of being a very cohesive partnership. 

But, game by game.

Orient will be a tough test, I rate Kenny Jackett. That big centre forward will cause problems. A win would be a massive marker for the season in the sense that it's game 10 and they're, for now, 2nd place, which we could take. Then it's ours to lose. 

Game by game. Not getting carried away on a high when we win, not losing the plot when we lose or drop points. Methodical game by game until we find ourselves playing number 46 at Exeter. That's how I think DC operates and I think it's the right way to do it.

This is DC when he joined Bristol Rovers on an Adams at Tranmere style great escape mission but couldn't stop their relegation to non-league.

الوسم #mtfc على تويتر

May be an image of 1 person

This is DC a few years later after taking them to their second consecutive promotion

0_JMP_Bristol_Rovers_v_Dagenham_RT0880.jpg

4460.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&overlay-align=bottom%2Cleft&overlay-width=100p&overlay-base64=L2ltZy9zdGF0aWMvb3ZlcmxheXMvdGctYWdlLTIwMTYucG5n&s=5badc2c1ff7e39c5a1794d24ee222b55

He's from Mansfield, nothing to do with Bristol. He's lost the plot in those photos not because he's a fan or has links but because he really cares. There also definitely a hell of a lot of vindication at play from the work and long hours he puts in throughout the season. 

That could be us at VP in the last two pictures. I really wish the minority elements at VP who are waiting for him to slip up out of a personal dislike/infatuation with the last manager let it go and start getting behind him and Flitcroft. That 8/9 game winning run at the end of last season could be the long overdue beginning of a steep, tall peak.  

30 minutes ago, MBE said:

Wow. They have played Newport,Bradford,Carlisle,Exeter & Salford all teams expected to be in and around top 7 -  hardly do-nothing also rans after 9 games. 

If we had them fixtures we would say what start to the season.

Exeter and Salford yes. I'm not sure the other 3 are. 

13 hours ago, Doha said:

That could be us at VP in the last two pictures. I really wish the minority elements at VP who are waiting for him to slip up out of a personal dislike/infatuation with the last manager let it go and start getting behind him and Flitcroft. That 8/9 game winning run at the end of last season could be the long overdue beginning of a steep, tall peak.  

Since Crosby came in, we've won 12 of 22. 12 W, 5 D, 5 L. 41 points. 12 clean sheets. 23 scored. 13 conceded. 

If you're keen to keep your feet on the on the ground, DO NOT extrapolate that into a 46 game season. It is deeply, deeply disconcerting for folks like us who are used to disappointment. 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Since Crosby came in, we've won 12 of 22. 12 W, 5 D, 5 L. 41 points. 12 clean sheets. 23 scored. 13 conceded. 

If you're keen to keep your feet on the on the ground, DO NOT extrapolate that into a 46 game season. It is deeply, deeply disconcerting for folks like us who are used to disappointment. 

I guess we should just ride the wave. For the record, I have never met John Askey or even spoken to him. I don't personally dislike DC, I haven't met him either. I think signing Crosby was inspired. We are where we are I guess. 

the squad is good enough to get promoted, but only keeping injuries down to an absolute minimum. When Legge went down we were at sea and dropped needless points. When Conlon was out we were virtually devoid of attacking threat at times, despite being ok at the back. Walker will play a key role in future games and he needs fitness and game time to play the role required. We haven't actually needed Rodney over the last few, but if any of the core 3 strikers got injured that would really upset the momentum. Shelter Gibbo obvs.

Archived