onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

When you bring in 15 players it is a risk (Bruno?). What the difference is this time around is the research done behind the scenes with a professional vetting. Starting the season they looked decent signings but we had 11 good individuals on the pitch. As each game has gone by the TEAM is looking better & better. It’s about time the doubters stopped trying to find a negative.

Just now, jeffers said:

When you bring in 15 players it is a risk (Bruno?). What the difference is this time around is the research done behind the scenes with a professional vetting. Starting the season they looked decent signings but we had 11 good individuals on the pitch. As each game has gone by the TEAM is looking better & better. It’s about time the doubters stopped trying to find a negative.

Correct, amazing what can be done when you don’t just rely on watching DVDs to select your squad

33 minutes ago, philmpv said:

That's what being a professional footballer is all about emoji38.png

I would add how ridiculous for all those subs to continue working hard day after day, week after week even though they weren’t getting game time.  Ready just in case they get a brief opportunity to prove their worth and make a positive impact to help the team.  

Who could reasonably expect professionals to do this, working hard for their wages and keeping a positive, harmonious mood around the club rather than going Scrimmys mid week because they weren’t expecting to start at the weekend!

Just now, werstayinup said:

Reading that i didn't realise they had kept 4 clean sheets on the bounce,makes it even better 🙂

And we’re unbeaten away from home.

We saw in the second half that they are no mugs and I expect them to be up and there abouts at the end of the season.

So much for the vale to be proud of after that game… the first half in particular where we made them look relegation candidates.

Yes they came back, and had the better of the second half, that’s what I would expect from a decent team.

Most thing to be proud of was the character and fight in the squad… remember when we used to give leads away like sweets at Halloween? 

Great fight… great belief.

Trust the Pruhcess!! 
UTV

As has been said, what a game! It really does stir the old heart seeing and witnessing such manic scenes at the end. Lost my voice and hugged so many other fans that I do not know. Fantastic.

To also see Harry Smith slide away down the tunnel after the ridiculous attitude he portrayed to the Lorne Street previously was worth the entrance fee alone!

At times our play is superb and I don't think I'm alone in saying that pretty soon a Team is going to get the mother of a massacre when all our players find the top form in unison.

A shout out to Smithy( our Smith!)- he was absolutely outstanding yesterday. I said before the kick off he was in for a hell of an afternoon and seriously felt he may get a red card from some refs if he "mauled" their forwards the way he can sometimes. He was immaculate in the way he saw them off in every move, header, sliding tackle etc, etc. Good on yer Smithy, your latest form is again reaching the dizzy heights we all know you are capable of.

That said I have to bring Garrity into the thoughts as again he was majestic in the first half. He honestly does all the hard graft and space making look so easy. I sincerely hope his injury is not serious.   

All the squad have to be congratulated, as well as the management. What a joy to watch Clarkey bounce around like a juvenile infront of Lorne Street at the final whistle.

Magic, Vale. A day honestly that will remain with us fans for many years to come. The Phoenix has risen. Watch out Division 2. We are very serious contenders. It's an honour this morning to be a Valiant. Long may it continue. VTID.  

Just before I go back sleep as been on nights I thought I'd give my marks .

Covalan 6 I didn't really see there goals but I'm sure the first ones gone in off a Vale player and the second one is a quality strike and apart from them 2 moments everything he did he did well .

Cass 7 smooth calm passer of a football 

Smith 8 sponsors man of the match manfully stood up to there long ball test of character 

Jones 8 love this player in the first half he passed it superbly went on a quick dash forward and got it back and nearly set up a goal them deep into injury time he hits a quality 75 yard pass to Worrall who in turn put it on a plate for JP who the legend he is fast becoming bashed home .

Gibbons 7 first half super involved in first goal showed tenacity and played very well 2nd half not so well but not too costly   both there goals came from that side but collectively it took till Amoo came on to  liven the team up after the break where as a team   gave the iniative to Leyton Orient. 

Worrall 7 involved in excellent end to game I'm so glad  he had a lucky break to roll it into jp to send the Vale park crowd mental .

Garrity 7 surging runs good play till went off injured hope he is OK looked a bad one a very busy player .

Conlon 6 gave ball away for second goal had a free kick first half just wide ,if there's anyone in the squad who's not quite at it to the level he could be it's him in my opinion ,I think he is not quite at it .

Pett 7 busy good footballer who is always trying get the ball back for Vale and passes it very well .

Wilson 7 excellent first half lovely headed goal and he put one on a plate for jp but he shot widely wide ,disappeared second half somewhat good decision bring him off in my opinion 

Proctor 7.5 he links the game so well I mean the goal itself maybe I should give him a ten however he should have the matchball today he doesn't need me tell you about the free header and the finish widely when he could have took a touch and slotted home .

The goal though just reward for his excellent contribution in all things Vale I really hope he scores 20 this season he will probably feel he should be in double figures now.

He is Brilliant. 

Subs jTaylor 7 did well I thought showed good bursts of positivity .

Amoo 8 my man of the Match maybe he should have tested there keeper when he shot widely wide but everything he did was positive and his contribution to the win didn't go unnoticed by me that big goal the equalising one the wing play was a joy to behold then pulling it back for  Politic to bury was sensational .

Reasons for Man of the match he gave us legs in the game when we had given Orient a lift after the half time break  

Politic 8 a great goal a big goal he looks a super player to me looking forwards to seeing more of this lad along with Amoo  

DC 8 brilliant he as noticed Orients getting there own way and his subs reflected that and what fantastic subs they were ,a 3-2 when on 91 minutes we were losing 2-1 whatever he says to them behind closed doors is working well done young man .

Absolute mental at the end my cap went missing as did my son he ended up nearly on the pitch and we were in the railway stand ,nephew and his mates going wild also it was magnificent. 

ROLL ON THE Next home game in the league cannot wait .

We gave so many different options and I agree with Dc of course there's going be obstacles but  I think we can WIN the league lets hope the 24 men who represent us believe that Too.

UTV 

As other posters have have said, if we reproduce that first half performance and convert the chances we’ll batter somebody.  I think if Proctor scored his first chance we’d have taken Orient apart.  Often the it’s timing of goals which shape a game.

I felt Orient stepped up the physicality second half and started to win far more of the second balls.  We lost a bit of physical presence when Garrity went off.  No disrespect to Taylor, who did well when he came on.  A midfield of Conlon, Pett and Taylor is a bit lightweight.  Smyth came on for them and made a big difference but the deflected goal was the turning point.  Up to that point, despite the pressure, they didn’t look like scoring to me.

The subs swung the game back in our favour.  Taylor was busy, Amoo was excellent and deserves a lot of praise for his attitude and Politic, well what can you say.  The lad will remember his Vale debut for a very long time, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

Then Conlon runs off with it leaving Smith in his wake 🤣🤣🤣

I’m not sure what Smith problem with us is… seems to always be on the wind up. He may do it to every set of fans for all I know but he comes across like a real numpty.

When they score their first he runs over and pats Jones on the head and laughs in his face… Poundland Robbie savage behaviour which has backfired on him big time.

Archived