Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Please can we stop all this silliness all round. None of it contributes positively to an entertaining or engaging forum. It's constant in almost every thread and has nothing to do with having an opinion.

In my opinion it does. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting looking back at threads on here 

Yesterday 415 posts and still going after an incredible game . 

Scunny 366 

Harrogate 253

Rochdale 411 

I wonder why the Rochdale thread was so popular !! 

No coincidence Is it ? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Interesting looking back at threads on here 

Yesterday 415 posts and still going after an incredible game . 

Scunny 366 

Harrogate 253

Rochdale 411 

I wonder why the Rochdale thread was so popular !! 

No coincidence Is it ? 

I think the Rochdale game was quite difficult to understand and dissect to be honest. I still think that was our best 25 minutes at home so far so, yet we then collapsed like a deck of cards and it’s hard to know whether to credit them (I think they are the best side we faced so far) or it was down to us mental, physically and/or tactically. You will always get more supporters trying to analyse things after a defeat irrespective of whether it’s Port Vale or Manchester City IMO.

Edited by Biddulph_PV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I think the Rochdale game was quite difficult to understand and dissect to be honest. I still think that was our best 25 minutes at home so far so, yet we then collapsed like a deck of cards and it’s hard to know whether to credit them (I think they are the best side we faced so far) or it was down to us mental, physically and/or tactically. You will always get more supporters trying to analyse things after a defeat irrespective of whether it’s Port Vale or Manchester City IMO.

I’m not sure I saw much “analysis” in that thread 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I think the Rochdale game was quite difficult to understand and dissect to be honest. I still think that was our best 25 minutes at home so far so, yet we then collapsed like a deck of cards and it’s hard to know whether to credit them (I think they are the best side we faced so far) or it was down to us mental, physically and/or tactically. You will always get more supporters trying to analyse things after a defeat irrespective of whether it’s Port Vale or Manchester City IMO.

Personally think we never dealt with their tall striker that day. Martin had a mare against him. Just couldn’t cope with him at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SFBT said:

I love Wilson's touch, control, passing and general awareness.

I'd love to see more physicality from him though.

To be fair to the lad had a good first half, but was really struggling as he came off at half time.  Soldiered on and visibly winced when taking the kick off after their equaliser.  Still actively looked for the ball and played some nice touches before eventually making way for Amoo.

Quality player, and hopefully he now feels at home with a couple of goals under his belt, and can then only go from strength to strength.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Also, as an aside, is anyone finding that the forum is loading really slowly this past week? I'm guessing RobF might be a bit preoccupied at the moment so won't flag it up with him just yet...

 

Yep, had the same issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Also, as an aside, is anyone finding that the forum is loading really slowly this past week? I'm guessing RobF might be a bit preoccupied at the moment so won't flag it up with him just yet...

 

He's alright he's probably nearly finished😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Personally think we never dealt with their tall striker that day. Martin had a mare against him. Just couldn’t cope with him at all. 

3 things have happened since that Rochdale game that have changed us for the better. Smith moved to the centre of a back 3, cass playing to the right of the back 3 and Gibbo coming in for Benning. All have made an impact in their respective positions. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

3 things have happened since that Rochdale game that have changed us for the better. Smith moved to the centre of a back 3, cass playing to the right of the back 3 and Gibbo coming in for Benning. All have made an impact in their respective positions. 

Spot on mate. Take a bit to shift them at the minute. I think had smith played centre against Rochdale then we deal with their lad better. Not saying we would have got anything because we were pretty bad after the first 20 mins but we would definitely have dealt with him better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Harry Smith nearly caused a riot a few weeks back when Orient played Bradord and flicked a lighter in front of the Bradford fans when celebrating a goal, seems to be a complete idiot.

Wow, I hope someone reported it and the scumbag gets a ban. That will be the very same Bradford City who had 56 of their supporters die and hundreds injured in 1985 when a stand caught fire at a match. He obviously knew what he was doing. Lowest of the low. 

I hope Legge is back in the return tie to mark him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...