Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

The way Politic walloped in that chance must have ensured that he'll be on the pitch regularly from now on. Great finish.

When did we last score 2 injury-time goals to come from behind and win at Vale Park? Have a feeling it was during Horton's reign. (maybe McPhee one of the scorers?)

Anyway, today's mental was as fantastic as it was back then!

No better feeling in football.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

First rule of following the Vale......Don't leave early. !!!

After going for 50 years you never get tired of scoring in the 91st and 93rd minute.

Chuffed for my 15 year old lad who was crowd surfing at full time...

Unless we are playing QPR and 4 up.  The oldies know how that ended. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

A hectic game between two good sides. We should have been clear at half-time and I was getting very concerned with Proctor as he was on a run of spurned chances, dating back 2/3 games. He is an excellent target man, mind.

I thought we'd blown it and was properly gutted, but the last 5 mins are amongst my favourite at Vale Park ever. Not celebrated/felt like that at a Vale home game in years, possibly ever. Amoo an inspiring sub; Politic clinical.

I enjoyed their keeper's antics as it's part of football, and its sickening to see what's happened tonight with now a report of a second racist message. They must be given publicly lifetime bans ASAP, ideally tomorrow, and look into police action. 

We're sat in third, having handed 1st and 2nd their only defeat, and beaten 4th and 5th. We have a team that will battle for us and will seemingly fight to the last. We have game-changers from the bench and can beat any team at this level. We're going to have off-halves as we played a good side today with a top manager. As long as we finish games like that, I'm not fussed. 

Up the Scumbag Matrix. Sweet Darrell Clarke. 

A final note; apparently Lucas joined the celebrations at the end, solely so he could dribble the ball that they had placed for a quick kick off all the way to the corner. Knew my lad would have his say.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 8

37 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A final note; apparently Lucas joined the celebrations at the end, solely so he could dribble the ball that they had placed for a quick kick off all the way to the corner. Knew my lad would have his say.

You can see him joining in on the video on the Sky Sports website. Harry Smith didn’t look impressed. 

• Like 2

Anyone on here decrying Orient's cynical tactics hasn't watched us much this season.

We're on one of the most cynical, redacted-house teams in the league. Lucas hasn't got through a game yet without bending rules. 

I like it and I'll take anything to get out of the league. Orient did today what we've been doing when leading every week. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Vale are now top of the current form table and Sutton are second. Next Saturday should be tasty. 

And Quest taking the EFL show on the road to Sutton next week. Hope we can put on a show for them.

I just don't understand how anyone can not love this team and DC at the moment. Haven't felt this way about a vale team since our promotion year. Up the bloody Vale!
How can you love players that you don't know or recognise?
  • Haha 1