Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

How on earth do FGR keep winning. We made them look so ordinary and toothless.

The other teams they play aren’t us, so a lot easier.

• Like 1

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

Had no real saves to make but thought his kicking was a bit hit and miss and he was slow on their 2nd.

I may be wrong on this but I thought the second Orient goal took a deflection which wrong footed Covolan. 

I actually thought other than that, Covolan did pretty well in the circumstances. The kicking by Vigoroux showed what awful conditions it was for keepers and I'd say Lucas' kicking was a class above his efforts. 

I'd agree with the comments on Garrity and Cass - I also thought Pett had a really good first-half too. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Time to pick the bones out of that one now my heart rate has normalised…

As a said at HT, first half was a bit strange. Some beautiful football at times which created four gilt-edged chances but all to often to ball was like a hot potato and I somehow felt we never had complete control.

Second half was, in many respects a repeat of Rochdale bar obviously the last 10 mins. We looked a completely different side and like we’d run out of energy and ideas. They pressed us and generally got in our faces more and looked the more threatening, even though I can only really remember one real moment of actual danger. Their equaliser was bad (if a little unlucky) whereas the 2nd was terrible - the pass, the CBs backing off inviting the shot and the keeper going down in instalments. Two really poor goals.

Then came the comeback. Cracking first time, pick that-one-out, straight-out-of-the warm up finish by Politic and then a similarly worked beauty from Proctor to win it.

As I said, the roar when the third went in was has not been heard since we equalised against Northampton in 2013. Moments like that are why you follow football.

So, a few points. Cass was outstanding today. We seriously need to get this guy signed permanently if possible. There were glimpses of the old Jake Taylor. If Garrity is out for a week or two - he was excellent 1st half - then I wouldn’t have any qualms about sticking him in. Not convinced about the keeper if I’m being honest. Had no real saves to make but thought his kicking was a bit hit and miss and he was slow on their 2nd. Not calling for a change yet though. We need to address the 2nd half performances at home. We got away with one today really. I don’t think 3-5-2 gets the best out of Conlon who is miles off last years form. We have a much stronger squad than last year with game-changers on the bench.

In summary, League 1 here we come!

That's a very fair summary. The only bit I'd question as I was right behind it. Their 2nd took a deflection it wasn't a true strike in the corner. Genuinely think Lucas had no chance. 

• Like 2

Just watched the highlights. Gobsmacked at the quality of our play. We should never have conceded those two goals - unlucky for the first and uncharacteristic slip up by Tom for the second - and we should have been well ahead after the first half but the response to going behind was just absolutely amazing. Can't remember when I last saw such controlled play and finishing by the Vale - other than perhaps our spell in Tier 2. 

Mental goals, mental crowd and mental victory - three totally unexpected points.

Surely, surely we're on our way to something good this season!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

Many thanks to Harry Smith for the extra motivation.👍

He bet on them to win, so more money down the drain.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

That’s the problem with this squad.  No leaders, no goalscorers, no character, and definitely they’d be no good on a night out in Boslem ☺️😏😉👍

Cov better be out on the town the night we get promoted. That’s a sight to see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beech said:

Always thought he spoke well and fairly, and he did here. He must be gutted so it takes a big man to instantly give the opposition a bit of credit instead of being a sore loser and making up all sorts of excuses as most managers surely would.

Chalk and cheese to David Blartell

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

A second social media racist attack has now taken place.

Scumbag idiots. 

Thick racist <ovf censored> used his real name didn’t you Callum ?

Edited by JohnJames

DC said judge him after 10 games, here's my assessment (for what its worth). Keep on doing what your doing. I know a league has never been won in October but the football is better and getting better than it has been for a few seasons. UTV

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

Thick racist <ovf censored> used his real name didn’t you Carl ?

Isn't it amazing how close the correlation is between racism and stupidity? At least they're easier to identify and kick out.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

A second social media racist attack has now taken place.

Scumbag idiots. 

Disgrace. The first <ovf censored> definitely a Vale ' fan ' , not convinced on the second tweet being one of our clowns, almost looks a parody account jumping on the bandwagon. 

All irrelevant though because it's a stain on a memorable day. Jail is the only way. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Disgrace. The first <ovf censored> definitely a Vale ' fan ' , not convinced on the second tweet being one of our clowns, almost looks a parody account jumping on the bandwagon. 

All irrelevant though because it's a stain on a memorable day. Jail is the only way. 

Love our overwhelming reaction against these scum, that truly represents our fantastic club. I just despair that we are forced to do it after such a wonderful finish by the lads and magnificent crowd.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Old fort said:

Love our overwhelming reaction against these scum, that truly represents our fantastic club. I just despair that we are forced to do it after such a wonderful finish by the lads and magnificent crowd.

Sadly it will probably be the main game on Quest in our division and you can guess what's going to be mentioned ( rightly so ) but it should all be about the win. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just a quick post has got get ready for work .

Brilliant Vale losing 2 -1 going unto injury time to do what you did in them last 5 the team well it was unbelievable  

Over the moon thank you DC and everybody associated with the club for what you have brought to the club .

A NEVER SAY die attitude 

Tremendous win .

Politic Amoo magnificent and a lively cameo from j Taylor what great professionalism to install in all the members of the squad.

Scenes at the end and after that 3rd goal were something else  

A great day the Vale are reborn 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2