Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Was just in the process of picking my umbrella up leaving my seat and feeling depressed, then, what a game, i must be dreaming. Absolutely fantastic win and shows we play for 90 plus minutes. Well done to  every player for not giving up and for the wonderful support today by our great fan base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Couple of posters will have been warning their typing fingers up… a couple even managed to get a post or two out.
Back in your box boys!!
Amazing… good sign that a team won’t give up. Real character.
UTV
Spot on. I can imagine quite a few at 4.50 cancelling all plans for the evening, shouting down to their mums to bring their tea up when it's ready, firing up the desktop, greasing their fingers, ready for a night of furious typing.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Wrex said:

We just keep answering the critics. Concerns that Politic was signed and not played... he comes on and scores a late goal. Honestly I'm not sure what else there is to moan about now. Everything is going swimmingly!!

Just for the goal alone lets hope we get him signed up 🙂 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

No, I am still on my way home. 

Are you home now and able to give your response to winning yet another game and the fact that we now have a manager with passion and a management set up with a clear goal

• Like 5

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Real shame we changed this squad around. Where would we be with those legends 

We shouldn't have treated those world class players so badly and replaced them with unheard of players.  Where has that got us?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I think most reasonable fans would give 10 games to make a judgement. Clarke and co have had the summer transfer window to get their own players in and players they don't want out. They have had a pre season and now had 10 games so I think it is fair to make a judgement. 

I am very happy at the moment! 

• Like 3

Great win but tarnished by the fact I didn't recognise the guy who got the equaliser . 

Sorry couldn't resist.

On a serious note how immense was Garrity in the first 10 minutes. Huge surging run helped to set up the opener and then his brilliant cross for Proctor.

Couldn't tell from where I was but he did look to be limping quite badly. Hopefully speedy recovery. He's become a vital player with his energy. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Just lovely!

Love the fact that half the team is celebrating with the crowd! 

That's a good goal - glad Dan Jones played a part after being unfortunate with their deflected goal!

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Are you home now and able to give your response to winning yet another game and the fact that we now have a manager with passion and a management set up with a clear goal

Nice goal by Politic. Proctor should have scored twice in the first half. Pleased that we won after Tom Conlon gave the ball away to let them score their second. Lucky that the ref gave a free kick for the Wilson foul on the edge of our area when they were about to break away. Could have gone either way really. Good to see Jake Taylor come on and look lively. Thought we had a new right back because his hair has changed colour. Gibbo seems to have shaken off his injury and looked good if a little too aggressive at times. 

• Like 2