Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Posted (edited)

I thought Leyton Orient were horrible, but they'll be up there come the end of the season. They're a big, nasty side, but one that can be a nightmare to play against.

It's frustrating to keep missing first half chances. It cost us badly against Rochdale and could have so easily have done this afternoon. But Proctor has already scored as many as I expected him to all season, and Wilson should only get better and better playing with the confidence that goals bring any forward. I'd still like to see us go 4-4-2 at some point and give Politic a start and play Worrall in his best position out wide. Though it won't be easy choosing one from Pett, Garrity and Walker to partner Conlon in the middle of the park.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 3

Great first half where we should have been more to the good. It was inevitable they’d come back into it second half and we showed some real character to get something from it. Individually i thought smith, Gibbo and Worrall were good throughout the game. Our midfield went missing second half, Conlon especially and his biggest contribution second half was  his poor ball to Gibbo got their second, but fair play to the side as we came back from it. If proctor could more regularly finish we’d struggle to hold on to him. 

• Like 1

Calm down...never in doubt....what's up with thee?

Jeezus wept what a finish....what a scummy team they are and as for that ****** lampost up front for them...thank God we didn't buy him! 

Should have been 3 up at half-time...looked like losing it and then bosh....have that!

We love you Vale, we do, we love you Vale........

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Santa said:

He was daft and he got a bit back as you’d expect but if you read his tweet just now you’ll see that some of our idiots crossed a line. 

Well one of them did at least. Totally uncalled for.

Brilliant come back. My better half’s fitbit sounded an alarm on 94 minutes because he was having a heart attack!!!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just seen the tweet.

Lad is a disgrace and doesn’t represent my club.

Hope he gets banned.

A West Brom fan has just been sentenced to jail for racially abusing Romaine Sawyers so suspect the lad is in for a nervous few hours.

• Like 5

We just keep answering the critics. Concerns that Politic was signed and not played... he comes on and scores a late goal. Honestly I'm not sure what else there is to moan about now. Everything is going swimmingly!!

• Like 2

He was daft and he got a bit back as you’d expect but if you read his tweet just now you’ll see that some of our idiots crossed a line. 
Just read it. Whoever that is deserves all he gets. Disgusting. BUT my original post still stands! Did all he could to wind up the Railway and give it the big un when they went in front. Justice is served by the scoreline and the grief he got back inside the ground!
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Santa said:

Ridiculous, hope the racist idiot gets banned from VP, but at least heartening to see several replies from Vale fans condemning the comment.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how we can have a go at an opposition keeper for any kind of antagonism/wind-up/banter with our fans; have you seen who's in our nets?! All part of the game as far as I'm concerned, whether it's Lawrence or Lucas.

• Like 3

What a shame a tremendous win is ruined by some absolute piece of scum. Hopefully the police will be paying him a visit and he’s banned for life. I don’t want people like that at my club.

To all those who booed the players taking the knee at kick off, (and thank you to everyone who applauded), this is why they’re doing it. No place for this in life.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Without doubt should have been three or four up at half time. Lost our way a bit second half jammy first goal for them then a defensive mistake for the second. Amoo had a glorious chance to equalise but put it over the hamil road! Not to worry the next time he set it up perfectly. Well done DC and the lads top marks to the fans who cheered the lads off .  Happy happy Days!