onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

4 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Did anyone else pick-up on the commentary of the Sky Sports EFL leagues 1 & 2 highlights show that mentioned that Tom James, Leyton's goalscorer possibly should not have been playing because of a question mark over whether or not he was suspended.  I've run back the highlights 2 or 3 times to check that I did hear correctly.

I haven't seen or heard any references on other media, but can anyone throw any more light on this?

Clerical error i believe, they thought he was banned but was only on 4 yellows... then got booked Saturday so now definitely missed the next game!

Clerical error i believe, they thought he was banned but was only on 4 yellows... then got booked Saturday so now definitely missed the next game!
Yes. Apparently it was a different player who had been booked previously but they initially thought it was James

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Yes, clerical error but I heard he'd had five but the fifth hadn't yet been processed, so didn't count. Whether or not, it does now!

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Yes. Apparently it was a different player who had been booked previously but they initially thought it was James

Thanks for that explanation.  Would have been an interesting conundrum if he had actually been banned before last Saturday.  However, it looks like he was in the clear--until his booking on Saturday of course!

Who's still buzzing just watched all the videos and interviews again. What a great game and what a finish the last 5 minutes were unbelievable and the atmosphere wow. Watched jackets and pratleys interviews as well both gutted but both very honest and put alot of praise onto us. And we can still get alot better and if we start putting all our chances away someone will get a right pasting.

21 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

To be honest,five of us sitting together all felt that he looked knackered,he needed to get off.

When he came out second half he was feeling and stretching his right leg. Not too far in he was definitely limping so needed to get off. Hopefully nothing too serious.

23 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

What a video!

Remember when certain people were saying there is no team spirit in this group.

Look how they are all over Politic.

Absolutely love it.

Up the Matrix

Up the Pruhcess

Up the Vale 

Undeniable bond amongst the teammates and the management staff!

The squad depth we have now, considering the crap we've had to endure on the bench season after season, is crazy. You could put Legge, Martin, Benning, Politic, Amoo and a confident Rodney that weren't in the starting 11 on Saturday and we wouldn't be any weaker.

Was concerned that Lucas was slow to their 2nd but, after watching it back, it takes a slight deflection off Smith. It seemed to be going wide before that and I assume that's what Lucas expected. The deflection puts it perfectly in the bottom corner but by the time he could react to that the ball was nearly past him. 

It's reassuring as I thought, despite shipping two, Saturday was one of Lucas' most composed performances. Claimed a number of crosses, very steady with his feet, patrolled his area well. 

Archived