onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Interesting looking back at threads on here 

Yesterday 415 posts and still going after an incredible game . 

Scunny 366 

Harrogate 253

Rochdale 411 

I wonder why the Rochdale thread was so popular !! 

No coincidence Is it ? 

I think the Rochdale game was quite difficult to understand and dissect to be honest. I still think that was our best 25 minutes at home so far so, yet we then collapsed like a deck of cards and it’s hard to know whether to credit them (I think they are the best side we faced so far) or it was down to us mental, physically and/or tactically. You will always get more supporters trying to analyse things after a defeat irrespective of whether it’s Port Vale or Manchester City IMO.

Advert

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I think the Rochdale game was quite difficult to understand and dissect to be honest. I still think that was our best 25 minutes at home so far so, yet we then collapsed like a deck of cards and it’s hard to know whether to credit them (I think they are the best side we faced so far) or it was down to us mental, physically and/or tactically. You will always get more supporters trying to analyse things after a defeat irrespective of whether it’s Port Vale or Manchester City IMO.

I’m not sure I saw much “analysis” in that thread 

17 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Personally think we never dealt with their tall striker that day. Martin had a mare against him. Just couldn’t cope with him at all. 

2 hours ago, SFBT said:

I love Wilson's touch, control, passing and general awareness.

I'd love to see more physicality from him though.

To be fair to the lad had a good first half, but was really struggling as he came off at half time.  Soldiered on and visibly winced when taking the kick off after their equaliser.  Still actively looked for the ball and played some nice touches before eventually making way for Amoo.

Quality player, and hopefully he now feels at home with a couple of goals under his belt, and can then only go from strength to strength.

8 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Personally think we never dealt with their tall striker that day. Martin had a mare against him. Just couldn’t cope with him at all. 

3 things have happened since that Rochdale game that have changed us for the better. Smith moved to the centre of a back 3, cass playing to the right of the back 3 and Gibbo coming in for Benning. All have made an impact in their respective positions. 

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

3 things have happened since that Rochdale game that have changed us for the better. Smith moved to the centre of a back 3, cass playing to the right of the back 3 and Gibbo coming in for Benning. All have made an impact in their respective positions. 

Spot on mate. Take a bit to shift them at the minute. I think had smith played centre against Rochdale then we deal with their lad better. Not saying we would have got anything because we were pretty bad after the first 20 mins but we would definitely have dealt with him better. 

2 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Harry Smith nearly caused a riot a few weeks back when Orient played Bradord and flicked a lighter in front of the Bradford fans when celebrating a goal, seems to be a complete idiot.

Wow, I hope someone reported it and the scumbag gets a ban. That will be the very same Bradford City who had 56 of their supporters die and hundreds injured in 1985 when a stand caught fire at a match. He obviously knew what he was doing. Lowest of the low. 

I hope Legge is back in the return tie to mark him...

Guest Vale at home
4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Did my best at the end of the game , along with the rest of the Lorne St. to remind him. Just in case he had forgotten.

Well said . Come on the vale 

The lads need a good weeks rest now Sutton are becoming a top side in this division well on form they are a 6-0 on agg win v Carlisle and Northampton are not to be sniffed at hopefully Garrity and Wilson are ready to go .

Yesterday was unbelievable if that doesn't give the players a feeling of been on top of the world nothing will it was immense well done all .

UTV 

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Probably already been noted but has anyone else notice how (their) Smith took a little detour after their first to wind up Dan Jones for the og? Really snide little thing to do .

Also strange that his shoe laces were undone both times they scored. As I have said previously, his sh##housery back fired when the ref added time on for us to win the game.

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Interesting looking back at threads on here 

Yesterday 415 posts and still going after an incredible game . 

Scunny 366 

Harrogate 253

Rochdale 411 

I wonder why the Rochdale thread was so popular !! 

No coincidence Is it ? 

It’s human nature. People are far more likely to complain than to praise. Just ask anyone who’s worked with the public.

Archived