onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Watching the highlights - what a great finish by both Politic and Proctor but just take a look at Lucas coming to celebrate with Smith following him in. I'm sure Lucas had some choice words for him.

Also how lucky where Orient? Created <ovf censored> all in the game thanks to a superb performance from the back 3, in particular Nathan Smith ,and got lucky with two deflected goals.

The away day at Orient is going to be brilliant. Looking forward to it already.😀

Advert

Just now, jeffers said:

Did everyone else notice how long their No.7 took to get back from their goal celebrations in front of the Bycars. Thankfully the ref did and gave us them extra few minutes to score our goals. Thanks 7 whoever you are.

The one who decided to tie his shoelaces after the celebration ?

Yes good on the ref . 

Time to pick the bones out of that one now my heart rate has normalised…

As a said at HT, first half was a bit strange. Some beautiful football at times which created four gilt-edged chances but all to often to ball was like a hot potato and I somehow felt we never had complete control.

Second half was, in many respects a repeat of Rochdale bar obviously the last 10 mins. We looked a completely different side and like we’d run out of energy and ideas. They pressed us and generally got in our faces more and looked the more threatening, even though I can only really remember one real moment of actual danger. Their equaliser was bad (if a little unlucky) whereas the 2nd was terrible - the pass, the CBs backing off inviting the shot and the keeper going down in instalments. Two really poor goals.

Then came the comeback. Cracking first time, pick that-one-out, straight-out-of-the warm up finish by Politic and then a similarly worked beauty from Proctor to win it.

As I said, the roar when the third went in was has not been heard since we equalised against Northampton in 2013. Moments like that are why you follow football.

So, a few points. Cass was outstanding today. We seriously need to get this guy signed permanently if possible. There were glimpses of the old Jake Taylor. If Garrity is out for a week or two - he was excellent 1st half - then I wouldn’t have any qualms about sticking him in. Not convinced about the keeper if I’m being honest. Had no real saves to make but thought his kicking was a bit hit and miss and he was slow on their 2nd. Not calling for a change yet though. We need to address the 2nd half performances at home. We got away with one today really. I don’t think 3-5-2 gets the best out of Conlon who is miles off last years form. We have a much stronger squad than last year with game-changers on the bench.

In summary, League 1 here we come!

2 hours ago, connor hackett said:

My heart goes out to everybody who left the ground at 1-2 , never understood it myself. What a finish to the game, Jake Taylor, David Amoo and Dennis Politic brilliant substitutions, DC masterclass

Mine doesn't,  should know better. Have to admit, did cross my mind for a moment, but you just don't do it do you?

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

Had no real saves to make but thought his kicking was a bit hit and miss and he was slow on their 2nd.

I may be wrong on this but I thought the second Orient goal took a deflection which wrong footed Covolan. 

I actually thought other than that, Covolan did pretty well in the circumstances. The kicking by Vigoroux showed what awful conditions it was for keepers and I'd say Lucas' kicking was a class above his efforts. 

I'd agree with the comments on Garrity and Cass - I also thought Pett had a really good first-half too. 

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Time to pick the bones out of that one now my heart rate has normalised…

As a said at HT, first half was a bit strange. Some beautiful football at times which created four gilt-edged chances but all to often to ball was like a hot potato and I somehow felt we never had complete control.

Second half was, in many respects a repeat of Rochdale bar obviously the last 10 mins. We looked a completely different side and like we’d run out of energy and ideas. They pressed us and generally got in our faces more and looked the more threatening, even though I can only really remember one real moment of actual danger. Their equaliser was bad (if a little unlucky) whereas the 2nd was terrible - the pass, the CBs backing off inviting the shot and the keeper going down in instalments. Two really poor goals.

Then came the comeback. Cracking first time, pick that-one-out, straight-out-of-the warm up finish by Politic and then a similarly worked beauty from Proctor to win it.

As I said, the roar when the third went in was has not been heard since we equalised against Northampton in 2013. Moments like that are why you follow football.

So, a few points. Cass was outstanding today. We seriously need to get this guy signed permanently if possible. There were glimpses of the old Jake Taylor. If Garrity is out for a week or two - he was excellent 1st half - then I wouldn’t have any qualms about sticking him in. Not convinced about the keeper if I’m being honest. Had no real saves to make but thought his kicking was a bit hit and miss and he was slow on their 2nd. Not calling for a change yet though. We need to address the 2nd half performances at home. We got away with one today really. I don’t think 3-5-2 gets the best out of Conlon who is miles off last years form. We have a much stronger squad than last year with game-changers on the bench.

In summary, League 1 here we come!

That's a very fair summary. The only bit I'd question as I was right behind it. Their 2nd took a deflection it wasn't a true strike in the corner. Genuinely think Lucas had no chance. 

Just watched the highlights. Gobsmacked at the quality of our play. We should never have conceded those two goals - unlucky for the first and uncharacteristic slip up by Tom for the second - and we should have been well ahead after the first half but the response to going behind was just absolutely amazing. Can't remember when I last saw such controlled play and finishing by the Vale - other than perhaps our spell in Tier 2. 

Mental goals, mental crowd and mental victory - three totally unexpected points.

Surely, surely we're on our way to something good this season!

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

That’s the problem with this squad.  No leaders, no goalscorers, no character, and definitely they’d be no good on a night out in Boslem ☺️😏😉👍

Cov better be out on the town the night we get promoted. That’s a sight to see.

Archived