onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Great win but tarnished by the fact I didn't recognise the guy who got the equaliser . 

Sorry couldn't resist.

On a serious note how immense was Garrity in the first 10 minutes. Huge surging run helped to set up the opener and then his brilliant cross for Proctor.

Couldn't tell from where I was but he did look to be limping quite badly. Hopefully speedy recovery. He's become a vital player with his energy. 

Advert

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Are you home now and able to give your response to winning yet another game and the fact that we now have a manager with passion and a management set up with a clear goal

Nice goal by Politic. Proctor should have scored twice in the first half. Pleased that we won after Tom Conlon gave the ball away to let them score their second. Lucky that the ref gave a free kick for the Wilson foul on the edge of our area when they were about to break away. Could have gone either way really. Good to see Jake Taylor come on and look lively. Thought we had a new right back because his hair has changed colour. Gibbo seems to have shaken off his injury and looked good if a little too aggressive at times. 

In all the excitement, I missed the providers but a word for David Amoo and David Worrall for their delivery for those last two goals. Both kept their cool to provide perfectly weighted balls. With Amoo and the first glimpses of Politic, it definitely looks like we can call on people who can influence the game from the bench.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Great win but tarnished by the fact I didn't recognise the guy who got the equaliser . 

Sorry couldn't resist.

On a serious note how immense was Garrity in the first 10 minutes. Huge surging run helped to set up the opener and then his brilliant cross for Proctor.

Couldn't tell from where I was but he did look to be limping quite badly. Hopefully speedy recovery. He's become a vital player with his energy. 

I didn't recognise any of the scorers lol.

What a great advert for L2 football though. We oozed class 1st half. 2nd half we showed the grit and fight to come back in a way we haven't seen for a while.

By the end i had lost my voice with the shouting and emotion of it all.

Harry Smith, that ending was for you. 🤣

Only just calmed down after that. What a finish! Superb impact by all 3 subs. Great to see Jake Taylor looking like the player we know he can be. 

I must admit I took great satisfaction seeing Smith's face as he walked down the tunnel...tosser. 

We really do play some excellent football at times for this division and are just missing a fox in the box to take us to the next level.

10 down 36 to go.

2 hours ago, Beech said:

Are you not supposed to be dissapointed when you miss chance after chance and inevitably go behind in a game you should have wrapped up after half an hour?

We could have so easily lost this game and it would have been Rochdale all over again. We'll pay for it (missed chances) more often that not.

Glad the players didn’t show their disappointment and reacted positively. DC’s man management & philosophy 

Archived