onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Are Sutton a better side? They have just won at Northampton 2-0, time for a visit and lesson?

Just seen their two assists today were from Boldwijn, whom we know from his Crawley days - very good player - and one Ritchie Bennet, who presumably is our old favourite. 

Yes, time for a visit!

Er get in!!! First half superb and should have been 2/3 up. Second half they steamrollered us. I was surprised we made no changes to counter the steam rollering. But what do I know?
2 individual errors cost us the Leyton goals. First goal Lucas had it covered but the deflection did him. Second goal Tom was at fault. We all thought that was that!!
The last 5 mins!!! Get in!!
I didn't think I could love Vale anymore but to see Vale Park like that and the never give up attitude from this team has sent it through the roof today.
We are Vale

Awesome. Those are the games you live for. At the end of the game it was just like the teams were just coming out as everyone was still there! The few that left early must be kicking the cat when they flick the results on. Thought the front two were excellent first half keeping there defence busy. Should have made more of the two defenders being booked and seems like I'm one of the few who agreed with the mom decision. Excellent game.

I thought Leyton Orient were horrible, but they'll be up there come the end of the season. They're a big, nasty side, but one that can be a nightmare to play against.

It's frustrating to keep missing first half chances. It cost us badly against Rochdale and could have so easily have done this afternoon. But Proctor has already scored as many as I expected him to all season, and Wilson should only get better and better playing with the confidence that goals bring any forward. I'd still like to see us go 4-4-2 at some point and give Politic a start and play Worrall in his best position out wide. Though it won't be easy choosing one from Pett, Garrity and Walker to partner Conlon in the middle of the park.

Great first half where we should have been more to the good. It was inevitable they’d come back into it second half and we showed some real character to get something from it. Individually i thought smith, Gibbo and Worrall were good throughout the game. Our midfield went missing second half, Conlon especially and his biggest contribution second half was  his poor ball to Gibbo got their second, but fair play to the side as we came back from it. If proctor could more regularly finish we’d struggle to hold on to him. 

Archived