onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

8 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

This manager will get the best out of all his players, in whatever system he employs. If Politic is good enough then he will get game time. Trust the matrix!

It is a long season, there are plenty of games, no doubt a few injuries to come,  he will get his chance if fit enough and able to contribute.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

If Politic is going to come on in a game then it’s going to be when we have to change formation and go with a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3, he isn’t getting on the starting team sheet whilst we are playing wing backs. 

Is it politic to hope that Politic will get a chance at some point so that there's no political fall out from his parent club?

4 hours ago, Wrex said:

Except Campion just wasn't good enough at EFL level. With Politic he just isn't able to play in our current formation. I'm sure we'll play with wingers at some stage and he'll play his part.

Politic has come to play and develop with the aim of proving he can play for Bolton possibly back at Championship level. So he has to leave and go somewhere else possibly now. Port Vale shouldn't harm his career by keeping him for the couple of occasions he might get on the pitch and be useful. 

Politic will get his chance, like most of the other players.  It’s a matter of if rather than when.

The other talking point point is that he’s potentially competing with Hurst for a place.  As things stand these 2 players are only going to feature as subs, so do we try to develop Hurst by giving him some game time or develop someone else’s player?

Have to admit I’m not a huge admirer of Hurst, but no doubting he’s got potential to improve, if given a chance.

23 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Politic will get his chance, like most of the other players.  It’s a matter of if rather than when.

The other talking point point is that he’s potentially competing with Hurst for a place.  As things stand these 2 players are only going to feature as subs, so do we try to develop Hurst by giving him some game time or develop someone else’s player?

Have to admit I’m not a huge admirer of Hurst, but no doubting he’s got potential to improve, if given a chance.

I may be wrong on this but my understanding was Politic has turned down a contract offer by Bolton and is out of contract at the end of this season.

I know there's a whole host of reasons why players do or don't join so being out of contract doesn't necessarily mean he would join us but my point is - it's not like George Lloyd (who is contracted till 2024 at Cheltenham) - as there is a possibility of Politic's loan turning into a permanent move. So it wouldn't necessarily be "developing someone else's player" in Politic's case.

I personally think the best thing for Hurst may be a loan move to the National League till January. He could still feature for Vale in the FLT games while on loan but then he'd also hopefully get week-in-week-out games too.

17 hours ago, philmpv said:

Out of interest, who are you dropping for Politic, as in the current system that would have to be either Worrall or Gibbons?

Personally, I wouldn't upset the squad for an important game against a top two side. Instead, I would be looking to be giving Politic, Amoo etc a good run out in Tuesday's FLT game against Rochdale instead.

I remember going to watch the Vale at Orient at a league 1  game in Sept.2013 ,about 5 games into the season & Orient were flying high. It was an exciting game,we lost 3 -2 their winner coming in the 88th minute ( sounds familiar).The crowd started to sing - We are top of the league , We are going down. I thought that this was crazy but could symphathize. They did not get promotion ,got new foreign owners & manager next season I think which led to a decline and eventually non league.I

Well the management team and the players have given more than enough hints this week they need VP to bouncing tomorrow. Time for ALL vale fans to stand up and be counted. 

We need EVERYONE to be loud and proud singing for the players tomorrow INCLUDING THE LORNE STREET even if things are not going our way. If you can't get up for a top of the table game well there something wrong.

Stand up you if you love the Vale Stand up.......

Archived