onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

Advert

I think we can feel positive but with the niggles of last seasons let down to keep us grounded.

Recent couple of games the positives have been that we do look to have more quality than opponents, even if it’s a tight or scrappy game take Harrogate for example we just looked to have that extra quality rather than just hard working.

It bodes well.

This is a big game, win this one and we are in the top 3, no reason we can’t win, we’ve beaten the current leaders and are the only side to beat the third placed also.

If we can get past this one with a win, we then head into some nicer looking fixtures on paper (then the real test of us begins with our usual record against poorer sides!)

11 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I think we can feel positive but with the niggles of last seasons let down to keep us grounded.

Recent couple of games the positives have been that we do look to have more quality than opponents, even if it’s a tight or scrappy game take Harrogate for example we just looked to have that extra quality rather than just hard working.

It bodes well.

This is a big game, win this one and we are in the top 3, no reason we can’t win, we’ve beaten the current leaders and are the only side to beat the third placed also.

If we can get past this one with a win, we then head into some nicer looking fixtures on paper (then the real test of us begins with our usual record against poorer sides!)

The problem with “poor” sides is that they tend to park the bus. Until we have a method to combat that we will struggle. I have confidence that when the time comes AC/DC will show what they are made of. We have a good balanced side with players that have the pace to get in behind.

Keep the faith.

31 minutes ago, jeffers said:

The problem with “poor” sides is that they tend to park the bus. Until we have a method to combat that we will struggle. I have confidence that when the time comes AC/DC will show what they are made of. We have a good balanced side with players that have the pace to get in behind.

Keep the faith.

We always struggled against poor sides under Askey because 433 counter attack doesnt work against poor sides.

As you say, our side is more balanced now and DC has far more flexibility in his plans so hopefully we can find the one to break down the bus parking teams 

No fanzone this coming Sat .

Hope the players have had a good week of preparation for the game .

Should be a big test for us but one we should be up for the  challenge .

I'd like see Amoo and Politic at some point in the game 

Leyton Orient are up there and rightly so let's hope our crowd are bang up for it from minute one to 96 let's  push and be the 12th man women and children and lets hopefully be entertained and get a positive performance put in firstly then result after .

UTV 

Last time their was hype at home we <ovf censored> the bed against a solid but not scary Rochdale side. Let’s not let that happen again because I think this team confident vs this team without confidence will be night and day. Keep up the momentum. And play Politic. And protect Gibbo. And find Cass’s best and permanent position. 

Last time their was hype at home we the bed against a solid but not scary Rochdale side. Let’s not let that happen again because I think this team confident vs this team without confidence will be night and day. Keep up the momentum. And play Politic. And protect Gibbo. And find Cass’s best and permanent position. 
Out of interest, who are you dropping for Politic, as in the current system that would have to be either Worrall or Gibbons? If youre saying Gibbons, that would mean him playing out of position at LWB? Or are you saying we should change the system to accommodate him. Don't get the love in for him personally. He may be superb, he may be crap, we won't know until we've seen him for a few games, but it seems the word of Bolton fans is enough? Have we learnt nothing from Benning and Garrity?

3 hours ago, 1 said:

Last time their was hype at home we <ovf censored> the bed against a solid but not scary Rochdale side. Let’s not let that happen again because I think this team confident vs this team without confidence will be night and day. Keep up the momentum. And play Politic. And protect Gibbo. And find Cass’s best and permanent position. 

IMO Politic isn’t going to play in our current formation. I certainly see no reason to drop Gibbo for someone we know nothing about either. I also think that Cass  has found his best position too, he isn’t a wing back or a full back, he’s a centre half. 

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Out of interest, who are you dropping for Politic, as in the current system that would have to be either Worrall or Gibbons? If youre saying Gibbons, that would mean him playing out of position at LWB? Or are you saying we should change the system to accommodate him. Don't get the love in for him personally. He may be superb, he may be crap, we won't know until we've seen him for a few games, but it seems the word of Bolton fans is enough? Have we learnt nothing from Benning and Garrity?

Agree,we haven't seen anything to judge him by... could have been brought in as no more than cover but there's no evidence at all that he's top notch.....takes me back to Achille Campion.

11 hours ago, philmpv said:

2nd half sub

8 hours ago, PV1973 said:

IMO Politic isn’t going to play in our current formation. I certainly see no reason to drop Gibbo for someone we know nothing about either. I also think that Cass  has found his best position too, he isn’t a wing back or a full back, he’s a centre half. 

2nd half sub

8 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Agree,we haven't seen anything to judge him by... could have been brought in as no more than cover but there's no evidence at all that he's top notch.....takes me back to Achille Campion.

Except Campion just wasn't good enough at EFL level. With Politic he just isn't able to play in our current formation. I'm sure we'll play with wingers at some stage and he'll play his part.

Archived